“The Best”

Atlantic Ark Inn
Coronado, California
“The Best”
Reviewed 12 October 2011

If we ever return to Boothbay H., it will be to the Atlantic Ark, and only there. The owner Donna is gracious and a wonderful hostess. Devon, who was standing in for her when we first arrived, is a great host and a cook without peer. Michelle is the most helpful person you could hope for. We all became instant friends. The breakfasts are not only delicious, but we found the other guests to be very "simpaticos." We can't recommend this place highly enough. It is great! We wish all B&B's were the same. (from Martha and Otis Cole).

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Westerlo, New York
Reviewed 7 October 2011

This is our 6th year coming to Boothbay and staying at this great Inn, we enjoy visiting with Donna, Michelle and Devon and look forward to Devon's wonderful breakfast every morning. It is located within walking distance to many great restaurants and shops and short car trips to Ocean Point and Lighthouses. Donna and her staff makes our visit to her Inn inviting and personal every time.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Oswego, Illinois
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We had a wonderful stay for six nights! Devon and Michele are very personable and do an excellent job. The Inn was exceptionally clean. Breakfast every morning was delicious and varied every day. They were very Gracious and accommodating. We highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast.

Glenn Dale
Reviewed 21 September 2011

My wife and I, traveling with another couple, were referred to this property by another local B&B...and we were so glad they did! It was charming in all respects, warm and inviting. Donna, the owner, greated us on arrival, who introduced us to her staff, Devon and Michelle. They were wonderful and very helpful with anything we needed. Our room, Tranquility, was well appointed, very comfortable and clean(as was the entire inn), with a great view of the harbor. Breakfast was delicious and just what we needed to start the day exploring all the nearby shops and galleries just a short walk across the footbridge into town. Local restuarants were equally good. We highly recommend this inn if your travels take you to Boothbay Harbor.

Cumberland Center, Maine
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed in the smallest, and yet, romantic room. It was very comfortable. The room possessed a "home" like feeling. Meeting Devon and Michelle was very pleasent. They were curtious with their smile and hospitality. The B&B is 5 glorious walking minutes away from the foot bridge. It is conviently located around several attractions. We enjoyed waking up in the morning and eating a beautiful and appealing breakfast, all-the-while, having conversations with the staff and the other guests around the world. After our day of various excursions, it was nice to come back and feast on cheese and crackers. Overall, our stay was pleasent and romantic. We plan on traveling back to Boothbay Harbor next summer, and we will be staying at this perfect B&B.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Bath, pa
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at the inn for a couple of nights right after Labor Day. Our room was the "Bliss" on the third floor. Beautiful view of harbor from queen size bed and small balcony. Very comfortable furniture and bed. Very nice bathroom with jacuzzi tub, but no shower, which was ok, but a little surprising. The inn is decorated with antiques, very tastefully done, in my opinion. Not loaded with knick knacks, pillows, etc. Very clean establishment! . And the breakfasts were very good.; cooked by Devon, the innkeeper. Very good restaurants we could walk to and footbridge into town is just short distance walk. We would definitely recommend this inn to anyone.

Room Tip: I only know that our room the "Bliss" had a harbor view, on the third floor. Possiblyn a...
Chisholm, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We didn't see much of the owner (Donna) but her staff was always available and Very, VERY helpful.
My wife absolutely loved the cheese and crackers set out in the afternoon, the treats made fresh every evening and the breakfast's were fit for royalty!! I have never seen a meal where I wanted to take a picture and show it to my friends!! Until this trip!

At first I was nervous about the breakfast's because of some of the reviews I had read about being strictly vegetarian as I am a big meat eater! But my nerves were calmed after the first morning. There wasn't any meat, but Holy moly can they cook. I have never seen a meal where I wanted to take a picture and show it to my friends!! Until this trip!

The staff is originally from Jamaica and I was just there last year and I can tell you Donna must've stole the best cook from the Island!! I definately plan on returning to Maine and when I do you can bet I'll be taking a trip up to the Atlantic Ark Inn and staying for a couple!!
I would recommend to anyone!!

ROOM= A+ (GREAT VIEW)
STAFF=A+
EXPERIENCE= OF A LIFETIME!

Thank youz for a GREAT HONEYMOON!!

Room Tip: The Bliss was awesome!! High ceilings, spacious, the spa/tub and walk out terrace were very romantic...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple