See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 23, 2016

We have stayed at this motel on several occasions, but last time was about 15 years ago. It is still exactly the same. Pool is clean and heated, rooms are clean and air conditioned, included breakfast is coffee, juice, English muffin or bagel or mini muffins if you get there before they are gone. The 87 year old owner is an absolute trip! Comes out every morning to visit with the guests. The location is perfect -- walking distance to the piers if you are young enough -- getting there is easy, coming back is all uphill! And, the price is definitely right. I'd go there again and will send others.

Room Tip: Rooms closest to the pool are more convenient to the breakfast room
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patrick F
Reviewed October 13, 2015

This cute little motel is located in Boothbay Harbor - parking right outside your door, and easy access to downtown area. My room was huge, the bed was comfy, and the tub was long enough for me to stretch my legs out (which doesn't happen often!)

If you're looking for modern or luxurious, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for good value, a clean room, and a comfy bed, it absolutely is!

They also serve a light breakfast on the side porch of their gorgeous home in the morning.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 10 on the end; private and giant!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Stephanie S
Reviewed August 30, 2015

It has been a long time since I have seen so much avocado green outside the produce department. We stopped here as it was recommended by the visitors center. I think that they are friends as the person at the center kept stearing me towards this place. There are other options in the area I would recomment that you explore them first. This place is old and dated. It looked like a smokers convention on the walkway outside the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
5  Thank CaptainDan330
Reviewed August 21, 2015

This is a 1960's style motel where you park directly in front of your room. The property is well maintained and located conveniently to the charming coastal town of Boothbay Harbor -- you can walk to the center of town from this motel. There is a seasonal outdoor pool and a light continental breakfast is provided in a small porch attached to the property's office. Rooms are a fair size. Outside seating is provided in front of each guest room.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be equal. It appears that a few end rooms may be a bit larger (possibly 2 bedroom family units).
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alan S
Reviewed August 13, 2015

No, the Seagate is not a modern motel with lots of amenities, but is is undoubtedly one of the cleanest rooms we have ever stayed in! We loved the chenille bedspreads and the turquoise bathroom, and being able to park right in front of our door. Beds & pillows were comfortable, nice big towels. The owner, Mary, is a delight! If we ever make it back to the beautiful state of Maine we will definitely stay at the Seagate again!

Room Tip: The blueberry muffins & coffee are great!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family