“Terrific Steak Tips, and nice variety for craft beer!”
Review of Campfire Grille

Campfire Grille
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Bridgton
Price range: US$9 - US$22
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Campfire Grille is a family friendly casual restaurant open for lunch and dinner daily, located on Rte 302 adjacent to The Pleasant Mt. Inn. American Creative Comfort Food, Outdoor Dining, Take Out and Full Liquor License.
Reviewed August 17, 2016

Gosh, I'm not sure what restaurant the other reviewers were going to, but I found this place pretty good. We were a large party and had made a reservation without a problem. Were were greeted and served by a delightful lady (sorry but I don't remember her name).

Now to the food, the appetizers we orders were quite tasty. The table orders Deer Chips, and Bobcat bites, the chips were so good there wasn't a crumb left. The Bobcat Bites were yummy, but I love brussels sprouts. I orders the Pondicherry Tips and they were done to perfection. I ordered them medium, and they were just lovely, and juicy. The sides I got were mashed potatoes, and veggie (cut carrots that were fresh, sweet, and perfect, too). Everyone ordered some craft beers, their variety was surprising.
We did miss the Monday night special, Prime Rib, who knew that they sold out so quickly, maybe next time.

All in all, we will definitely go back to this establishment.

Reviewed August 14, 2016

Had been to the Campfire Grill many times in its former location and liked the atmosphere. I would have described the food as ordinary but good. Just visited the new location which is lacking in atmosphere. My salmon was served overcooked and had no flavor. The potatoes were cold as were the oily string beans. Disappointing as there aren't too many good choices in the area. Crossing this one off our list.

1  Thank Kim N
Reviewed August 14, 2016

Called at 10am and left a message with our reservation request. Called back at 11:30am and spoke with a nice young woman who confirmed our reservation. She even asked if we were coming for Trivia Night. I replied "Of course, but we will also be eating dinner." Arrived at 7:30pm to be told they didn't have our reservation and that they don't take reservations for Trivia Night. At first the hostess (definitely not the pleasant person I had spoken to that morning) was polite and said she would see what she could do. Appeared a minute later with the good news that she thought she had a solution. Came back and couple minutes and said "Sorry, we can't fit you in." At that point, we stated our disappointment and asked to see the manager. We were told the manager was too busy to come out and speak to a customer. Was she serious!? I had never heard such a thing in a customer services oriented business. As I proceeded to elaborate on our disappointment of missing Trivia Night during our family vacation, her next comment was "These things happen in life." Wouldn't it have been nice if the manager had come out, apologized for their mistake, offered to seat us in the other dining room, and covered our apps or desserts to make up for the error. It would have been fabulous customer service. Sadly, none of those things happened. We have been diners at The Campfire Grill during our vacations since they first opened many years ago. Will not be returning. I truly hope my friend who ate there two weeks early adds a post describing her overcooked salmon, cold mashed potatoes, and green beans swimming in oil.

1  Thank Sue C
Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

Just what we were looking for a casual, relaxed family friendly restaurant. Price was great and the food was good American fare. Got there late in the evening so we missed out in the prime rib special, which we heard gets rave reviews.

Reviewed August 9, 2016

The 4 of us had the Deer chip appetizer and it was great! The Black Bear panini and the woodsman burger was top notch! The wait staff is always friendly and accommodating!

Been to Campfire Grille? Share your experiences!