“excellent Thai food”

Chao Thai Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 30 Restaurants in Bridgton
Reviewed January 27, 2017

The dining area is completely boring, but you don't even notice because the food is so good. I go in regularly, always determined to get something different, but end up ordering the yellow curry. It is so good that I never get tired of it.

Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

We frequent this place occasionally when in Maine and have a hankering for Thai food. The food is always good but not outstanding like other places we've visited in New England so I would recommend it if you're in the Bridgton area.

Reviewed October 23, 2016 via mobile

We were in the area for an event and stopped here for dinner. I loved how they could do different levels of spiciness to accommodate our request. Having been to numerous Thai restaurant, I would consider the food here was well prepared but not great. I'm used to punchy tastes of Thai food and felt that they could add more spices to bring in more flavors to the food.

Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

Stopped as a family for dinner just before 6 PM on a Friday. Saw some okay reviews and some poor but thought we would try. Ordered 2 pad Thai and 2 pad kii mau. Service was terrible, just like others have said. Poured our own drinks, set our own place. Dishes came out fast and were fairly small. Spices were to order. Pad Thai had peanut taste and kids are it. It was worst parents have ever had but they ate it. Pad kii mau was laughably bad; so bad it made us decide to review a few local places where it is great. Noodles on both orders appeared to be durum thin spaghetti just like we buy for $.79 per pound. Pad kii mau also had some broccoli heads and stalk and hard cabbage. Tofu was overlooked, steak pieces were like leather with no taste. Almost no taste for the entire dish, at least pad Thai had peanut flavor. Ingredients may have cost $.50 total per dish. No drinks, no dessert and over $50 for terrible food. We ate it anyway since we were driving and starving. I hope some of the other dishes are acceptable, but we will never find out ourselves.

Reviewed September 22, 2016

I'm torn between three and four stars here. The food is awesome, love the ginger chicken, but wish there were a few more apps on the menu. The service and decor leave a lot to be desired. They always seem to be training another teenager and rookie mistakes abound (paper-wrapped straws thrown down in a puddle of water, silver left in a help-yourself pile on the table, double checking orders, etc.) But again, where else can you find good Thai food outside of Portland and Auburn.