See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 28, 2004

I have stayed at these cottages with my family numerous times, and it is the most relaxing place on earth. They have peace and quiet, a beautiful sandy beach, a playground for the kids, grills, boats, and are very friendly people.

There are a lot of things to do within a relatively short drive. This is the BEST place I have ever been.

4  Thank Climber19827
Reviewed August 1, 2004

I have spent the last hour reading reviews about Bridgton, Maine.
I have to reveal a secret. The best vacation spot I have ever been to is Brookline Cottages in Bridgton.
This will be our 20th year as we arrive next Saturday to this wonderful, friendly, peaceful cluster of cottages on beautiful Highland Lake. Generations of families continue to come every year where the kids can be kids, the adults can be lazy and the days are unhurried and amazingly relaxing. The sunsets are magnificent. A dip in the lake after a lobster dinner outside the cottage is better than any cruise ship, island oasis or tropical vacation I have ever been on.
When I was 8 years old, my parents discovered this place, then known as "Gallinaris". Sam and Olga were wonderful hosts. Olga continues to rake the beach at 5:00 am and get things set for the day.
I can only hope that my boys Alex and Evan continue the tradition and bring their families to this wonderful spot in Maine.
Definitely, the best kept secret in Bridgton!!
Have fun!