“Abhorrent Dining”

Price range: US$0 - US$19
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Punkin Valley Restaurant & Motel is an 89-seat restaurant with a twelve-unit motel. Open seven-days-a-week, breakfast, lunch, and dinner Punkin Valley Restaurant is ready to serve you. We have a variety of menu items, all cooked to order at an affordable price. There is a full bar, with local, domestic, and foreign beers on tap. There is also a game room off the dining room, which houses several video games, as well as two pool tables.Punkin Valley is a great destination spot for Snowmobiles in the winter. We have our own groomed trails to our front door and plenty of parking for snowmobiles. As a patron of our Motel, there is plenty of space to park your snowmobile trailer should you decide to use Punkin Valley as your home base. We are a small family-owned establishment and work to serve and please everyone that enters through our doors. It has been under continuous ownership for the past eighteen years with small improvements each year. Should your visit with us be anything other than satisfactory, please let us know!
Reviewed September 20, 2015

There were 6 in our party, we showed up around 4 p.m. to beat the Dinner ground. It took forever to get our meals even though we were the only ones there. Once they came, we wished they hadn't. All our meals were "detestable". I had sirloin tips, they were "awful". I ordered them medium-medium well. They were well done and so dry I had to fight back choking and my corn on the cob was sour tasting. My Mother's liver/onions were like shoe leather, Uncle's fish was close to being raw, cousins fish was over-cooked and smelt extremely fishy (not fresh at all), Aunt's fried, whole belly, clams were so over cooked they looked like clam strips and were tough and her rice pilaf tasted sour, Father's lemon pepper chicken was over-done as well and extremely dry. The ONLY good thing about this experience was the waitress was very good. A $130.00 (roughly) nightmare

Reviewed July 23, 2015

So often as we travel it can be hard to find a place that matches our on the go hours, however it is great to find a place you can get great tasting food late at night. The diner and lounge stay open past when many streets are rolled up. There appears to be a steady crowd of locals who visit throughout the day as they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and anytime we were there we saw activity. We stayed a couple nights at the motel which was a great value, very clean and comfortable with anything you might need unless you are expecting the frills of a 5* resort. Our host was gracious as were the servers in the restaurant and lounge.

Reviewed June 25, 2015

Punkin Valley is an odd little restaurant with an unnecessarily long hallway when you enter. I can see why other reviewers would consider the atmosphere outdated, but it seems they are in the process of renovating the place or something, so give them a break. I enjoy the odd atmosphere, which is potentially even odder on karaoke night (I want to say it is every Thursday, but I haven't been in about a year. The food is good; I would say it is a step over Denny's and similar to a Friendly's type of quality. Which reminds me that the staff are always very friendly and they make sure karaoke always ends up being fun. And so while the food may not be amazing, the prices are very good and I would say it is definitely worth a visit on karaoke night.

Reviewed September 16, 2014

SO dark inside, so CIRCA 1974, but wait, am I talking cleaning, or decor? One and the same! I can actually remember my parents going out to eat here w/ friends many years ago, and it was, apparently, quite the swinging scene, but, sadly, I do not think it has had much in the way of renovation since that time. Our table was sticky, and so was the bathroom. I did have a take-out pizza from this restaurant that was very good earlier in the summer, but having since seen where it came from...well, I feel a little afraid, but everything seems alright, so far . I can't say much about the staff, the hotel, or even the rest of the menu, because I couldn't bring myself to order anything - just had the 1 drink and left.

1  Thank doctordame
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I read a few of the reviews about this place before I booked the last room they had, the operators call it a "Basic" room, and understood that my wife may not think this was going to be her favorite room ever. While the negative reviews would be justifiable, and palatable to me if these basic rooms were, $179, $149, $129, or maybe even $89, but sorry fellow reviewers, at FORTY NINE Bucks, your reviews come across as quite whiny, and even more unrealistic. $49.00! Where do you get a perfect room for that kind of money a half mile from a ski mountain and even closer to snowmobile trails. This is definitely more of a snowmobiler place than a skier place, but the guys that were there were all respectful, and other than the sort of noisy diesel trucks that they warm up outside in the morning (which would probably bother the "thumbs down" reviewers too), there was nothing out of order there. The place was not hospital clean for sure, not even close, and I won't be staying there again if my bride comes along next time, that's for sure, I just want to point out in all fairness that the pricing for this place is about half of the next closest room price for at least 50 miles around, as far as I could find! Although we did not go over, the bar and restaurant that they all "panned" is right across the parking lot, and seemed to have plenty of happy customers, and a small bar that had ample brews on tap for a thirsty evening. And that's all I have to say about that!

2  Thank Scout1970