“Wouldn't EVER revisit this eatery under any circumstances- steer clear!”
Review of Mack's Place

Mack's Place
Ranked #16 of 32 Restaurants in Bridgton
Price range: US$3 - US$60
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Seafood, burgers, pizza, gluten-free options, vegetarian options. Beer and wine, seasonal specials and live lobster.
Reviewed July 20, 2018

My family and I visited Mack's Place looking for a classic Maine dinner experience during our vacation and we couldn't have been more disappointed with the service and general lack of professionalism of the management and staff at this restaurant. We were a party of nine, including 3 generations of family members eager to get our fill of the coveted lobster roll. the restaurant was not crowded and we were seated right away with menus while we waited for our server ... there were no place settings or straws for our water, while we waited for our waitress to take our order. We ordered seafood all around along with bites for the little ones and waited nearly two hours (I clocked it on my cell phone) while watching every table around us get served and their tables bussed and still did not receive a single piece of food from our order. I had the grandparents with us so I held my frustration back as best I could while our server went back to check on our order 2 times, but enough was enough. We got up and I paid for the single bottle of beer that we received over the course of two hours and I made it clear to the management that I wouldn't eat here again if they were giving away food for free. It makes me wonder how many other $300 dinner tables they ignored during their normal course of business. I never write reviews but I feel if this one can save a single family from enduring the awful experience our family had its well worth the time to write one. I would look elsewhere to satisfy your craving for Maine seafood.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

Service and staff was good, but the food was mediocre. We had burgers and lobster rolls. The lobster rolls were fair. Meat tasted over cooked compared to other lobster rolls around town. The burgers tasted average with not a lot of flavor. The fries tasted odd. Not sure why. If you need to fill your stomach, this place will be fine. If you are looking for tasty food, there are better options around the Naples/Bridgton area

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Met our friends there for lunch last week. They had eaten there but it was our first time. They have a variety of sandwiches, pizza, seafood, and Lobster Rolls. The Lobster Rolls also have different sizes. My wife and I got the traditional ones while our friends got the herb flavored mayo and the siracha chilli, garlic, grated ginger butter sauce. Meals come with one side - fries, rings, cole slaw, etc. The rolls came and they were loaded with lobster meat - claws and tails. Not too much mayo, just enough for flavor. Rolls were home made and lightly toasted. The fries were shoe string type - hot and tasty - not too greasy. They also have a variety of beers on tap. Service was excellent and let us sit for a couple of hours after eating - no rush to leave. My friend order the rings and they were very good as well.. A great place for a quick meal - large portions. Well priced.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

I really like this place. Large menu with many great items. Seafood is excellent. I've eaten here 4 or 5 times and haven't had a bad meal. Lobster rolls are great.

Reviewed August 27, 2017

Super casual. Loved the lobster roll and the shoestring french fries. Burger was massive and juicy. Staff was friendly and efficient.

Been to Mack's Place? Share your experiences!