“Nothing fancy, but the Roast Beef sandwiches are WINNERS! ”

Flanigan's Roast Beef & Tavern
Ranked #10 of 29 Restaurants in Bridgton
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped here after our paddle boat tour of Long Lake in early July with my mom after not seeing anything in that area that was as tempting as their price. I did a quick check on TA, thought Flanigan's had a good varied menu, so we headed about 10 minutes away. We arrived around 2:30, thus an off hour for lunch, so the place was pretty empty. Decor is a bit different and certainly nothing fancy, and in all honesty, I was a bit skeptical but was hungry enough at the time to stay! Sherry was our server, maybe an owner too (?), and she couldn't of been friendlier or helpful enough! Like I said, an extensive varied menu, but being a roast beef place, I and my mom both went with a sandwich of their specialty. They have several house pre set menu options or a build your own, as well multiple sizes to choose from and breads. We both picked the 6oz which was one of their smaller selections and I just can't imagine how big the 3 or so bigger ones were, as 6oz was pretty huge! They have multiple bread options, but unless you want to knife and fork it, toast your bread or go with the ciabatta, as the bread will get a bit soggy for holding. I just got my beef on a ciabatta with horseradish and grilled onions (.30+), as well upgraded for a buck to the garlic parmesan fries. My sandwich was huge and outstanding, as was what my mom built, but the sourdough on hers did get a bit soggy, as warned by Sherry at ordering. For just my sandwich with upgrades in the tasty fries plus an ice tea, my bill was $11.66 with tax, so being from the Philly area, very reasonable, especially for the amount of food. I will say for those on a tight time schedule, maybe not your quickest choice, come back another day when you can really enjoy. Nicely though as we waited, they have many editions, years, of trivial pursuit questions on the table so a family can enjoyably pass the time together! My mom and I certainly enjoyed the trip down memory lane. (I just found my receipt and thus what prompted my review now, as I had meant to do it when I got home, and have craved one of their good roast beef sandwiches since!) But seriously, worth a stop even if you initially wonder where you are when you pull up, you will walk out happy!

1  Thank Mclade

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Great Lobster special for dinner. The food is very good but the service is very slow. We ate there three nights and the service was slow every night.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Had a delicious meatloaf dinner with mashed potato and tender grilled asparagus. Man was it good. You know when you want home cooking but you are too tired to cook? Well Flanigan's knocked it out of the park! The meatloaf was so moist and seasoned perfectly it blew our minds, really. Definitely recommend - yummo. Great selection of craft beers too. Hit the spot!

Reviewed 14 May 2017

It's hard to get decent seafood back home so we were practically salivating at the idea of the Captains Platter when we ordered it. Knowing some of the locals we opted to share the platter, and we were definitely NOT disappointed, plump whole belly clams, shrimp and scallops- all the favorites along with a generous portion of fried haddock.

The drinks were reasonable, the platter was big enough for 2 and the food was perfectly cooked... oh, and I did mention the entertainment was great, it was open mic night where the locals unleashed their talents for all to hear.

A great place to stop for an affordable bite to eat in a quaint New England town.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped by after my daughter's lacrosse game. Didn't know it had changed hands. Service was excellent. Food was good and plentiful. Not from the freezer which we liked. We will be back when in the area.