Golden Lion Hotel & Restaurant
US$173
Orbitz.com
US$83
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Rugby Central(Rugby)(Great Value!)
US$71
Hotels.com
US$77
US$106
US$98
All reviewsthe pubfour postercountry hotelcentral heatingfamily runbed was very comfortablelarge bathroomscallopsbooked this hotelwould definitely stay here againno hesitationgood sizefull englishgood nights sleepbuffet stylebusiness triplamb
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner with family, group of 6. Service was friendly but prices were very high. More expensive than London. I gather the ventilation was not working since our clothes all smelled of fat from frying when we got home. There was a deep frying smell when we walked in. Many of us had the fish and chips but the fish was undercooked and the batter was not at all crispy. I actually had water under my fish. Would not go there again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Power12
Easenhall, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Lion Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2018

I am sorry to read that you didn't experience our usual Golden Lion standard, I have passed on your feedback to our management team.

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

We had a delightful time at the Golden Lion. The family run business combines genuine friendly concern with excellent meals. We were attending a family wedding nearby and the owners and staff knew this (and the happy couple ) and were interested in how the day had gone. The room we had 211 and our son and family had 111 were very clean , provided with good bath and a shower and toilet which were immaculate . Overall it felt like a home from home and the warmth of those who we met made our visit even more enjoyable . Food is high quality and there are good wines that complement the food . All in all we have no hesitation in recommending this for a weekend stay or longer. Not far from M6 or M1 but in the country and even with a walk available around the village and surrounding area to work up an appetite for the next meal Excellent place to stay .Breakfast was cooked as well as cereal, juices ,yoghurts , toast and they happily cooked scrambled egg for our one year old granddaughter . Service with a genuine smile .

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

I love that you have used the word genuine twice in your review, I will certainly make sure all the Golden Lion team get to read your review. Thank you.

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

We choose this place because of great food, amazing people, beautiful atmosphere, we always will back to Golden Lion looking for romantic bit of time, or such for a dinner, with a feeling, we have a friends there.

Wonderful!

Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

Just had an overnight stay here in room 121 with the four poster bed
What pleasant surprise!! The staff in the hotel and the bar are so welcoming nothing is too much trouble. It’s a traditional pub with all original quirky finishes including low beams and even some famous faces on the walls.
Room was a good size well stocked with toiletries and refreshments and the bed very comfortable.
The food in the restaurant was outstanding some of the reviews on here stayed there was little or no choice for vegetarians however I found quite the contrary beautiful meal I had the mushroom linguine. The bar is well stocked with local ale,ciders and good choice of spirits. Breakfast is buffet style good choice available I will definitely be returning here soon

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

So pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed April 15, 2018

Popped into the Golden Lion (pub) for a spot of lunch after a 4 mile walk. Do not expect to be able to order a main course if you are vegetarian, which I am. Every item is either meat or fish. I had the choice of either a salad, or a vegetarian sausage sandwich.

I won't be going here again, unless they change their menu.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Paul, thank you for taking the time to highlight an area of our business that needs attention.

I have passed your feedback regarding the lack of vegetarian options onto the owners and Head Chef.