“Amazing hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Amazing hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

I loved this hotel! It is a beautiful place. The rooms are beautiful. The staff was beyond helpful. I was a little bummed that their spa was closed though. They gave me information on alternatives, so that was helpful. If you stay, pay attention to the levels. I got a bit lost trying to get back to the parking lot. I wish I had tried the restaurant, but I was only staying one night. Overall, wonderful stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank bmclark2
hospitalitymanager, Guest Relations Manager at The Daniel, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the inn. We appreciate the wonderful review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Brunswick, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

I had an excellent experience at the beautiful Captain Daniel Stone Inn with a business meeting, followed by a social hour and dinner serving 45 business people. The Inn staff met all my needs from the first steps of planning and reviewing to service on the day of my event. The Inn staff was a pleasure to work with and displayed a much appreciated determination to make us satisfied customers! They were successful! The food served at lunchtime - perfect, cookies & fruit during our coffee break - just what everyone needed (and delicious) and dinner - very, very good! I would highly recommend the Captain Daniel Stone Inn to anyone looking for a unique setting for a business meeting.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Terri W
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

As a veteran traveler I found the Daniel Stone Inn to be one of the finest places I've stayed. Perhaps its greatest asset is the location, tucked in a quiet, almost secret place, right on the edge of town, overlooking the river. Close to everything, yet protected from all the "noise" of commerce. Spacious, elegant, and rustic, with a beautiful aesthetic for detail, are words that come to mind.

I had the pleasure of spending ten days in July during my graduating residency at USM's Creative Writing program, and needed a quiet and comfortable place to prepare. My room was beautifully appointed with all the high tech equipment and outlets I needed to work online, and set up my printer. And there was a small balcony with a view to the river.

The tavern was rustic and warm, and I could only imagine how it would be in winter with a fire blazing in the large wraparound hearth. When I arrived there was a folk singer set up in the corner singing a lovely ballad. I felt right at home. To take off the stress of studying, I took the elevator down to the gym that had all the latest workout equipment I needed, as well as a private whirlpool/hot tub.

This is a new Inn, yet somehow it conveys the kind of old fashioned down-home New England charm that I've found in the Harraseeket in Freeport, which has the benefit of a few centuries serving travelers. No small task! All the staff were helpful and courteous, and YES, I looked forward to the cookies every night after a long day at school. The complimentary breakfast was a REAL breakfast— eggs, bacon/sausage/ham any way you want it— not just a coffee and pastry you'd find elsewhere. And the coffee was the best I've found in any Inn or hotel I've ever stayed. I mean that! When I left, the woman at the front desk gave me one of the Inn's lovely mugs. I am home in Cambridge, MA, drinking from it right now!

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the river.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank richardcam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

This was my first trip to Maine so I wasn't sure what to expect when looking for a hotel, but this one more then met my expectations. The location was easy to find and is surrounded by beautiful scenery. The rooms are a very good size and well worth the price considering it was super clean and the amenities were wonderful. I have to give the biggest shout out to the hotel staff since they were welcoming, informative, and most of all just super sweet. We were welcomed every morning and again when we came back from exploring. The staff had many helpful hints and answered all of our questions about the history of the property. While I didn't use the fitness center or the spa, it all looked amazing. I wish I could move this hotel to every city I visit! I would recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank SweetKeats
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

This hotel was a pleasant surprise in downtown Brunswick. Visited with my son while he was checking out Bowdoin (prospective students be sure to ask for the discount!). From the fresh-baked cookies upon arrival, to the spacious, clean room, to the unexpected free breakfast in the morning, it was great! Not much directly around the hotel, but within a block or so of walking distance to all of the fun on Maine Street.

Their restaurant was not open the night we stayed there, but must say the $5 Tapa menu looked like it would be good. Of course, we were destined out to the islands for lobster that night (a beautiful 1/2 hour drive) but worth considerig for folks not so inclined.

Only complaint? View of the Route 1 wasn't too exciting. Sound-proof windows made it a non-issue.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank sierrashoo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed here to attend a friends wedding. Upon arrival we were treated to "change your life" cookies. We got a suite, which was very nice, enough room, and very clean. The restaurant was very good, with live music. The bathroom was also notable with shower and free standing footed tub. It was an easy walk into town, and very convenient. We were very pleased with our visit.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Rmw87
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

We had a great stay this July at the Captain Daniel Stone Inn. The rooms and inn are a nice blend of modern amenities with an historic charm feel. A full breakfast is served in the dining room. The inn is very easy to get to on foot from Brunswick's downtown.
The front desk staff went out of their way to accommodate our room request upon booking and when we arrived, they were extremely helpful in all regards. Deborah runs a great front desk and Holly, Andi and others were extremely helpful and friendly.
We understand the owners are renovating and restoring the historic part of the Inn - something we look forward to in the future. While they have a nice front lobby where one can sit, the only suggestion I would make is that they consider a small lounge or common room where someone might go to read or relax beyond their rooms.
A definite find and high recommendation for anyone staying in the mid-coast region of Maine!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelkate56
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
0.9 km away
2.6 km away
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 11 in Brunswick

Been to The Daniel? Share your experiences!