Schooner Appledore II Windjammer Cruise
Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Book In Advance
Tours from Schooner Appledore II Windjammer Cruise tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Schooner Appledore II Windjammer Cruise
from US$42.40
More Info
from US$53.00
More Info
All reviews bloody mary captain chris in key west full bar penobscot bay liquor license friendly crew crew works great fun available for purchase set sail nice evening hour sail two hours beautiful trip crew members great sunset
Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

My eleven year old daughter and I had the perfect experience on the Appledore last night - from the friendly staff to the accommodating Captain (he answered my many questions and desire for pics), to the perfect amount of wind to see what she can do, this sunset cruise was relaxing and a great way to see Camden from the ocean view while watching the sun go down over the mountains! Thanks Chris, Jan and Jess! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed August 31, 2017

We took a late afternoon sail, so we had perfect wind. The owner of the ship happened to be on our cruise, as were the mother's of the captain and first mate. It was a perfect way to see the Maine shoreline, and catch a glimpse of a lighthouse. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages were available for purchase on board. The crew were friendly and fun - and very informative. Definitely a not-to-be missed experience.

Reviewed August 27, 2017

My friend and I sailed on the Appledore II on a perfect day. It was my first time sailing and I didn't really know what to expect. The crew and captain were great! Very personable and accommodating. We couldn't have asked for a better day. We motored out of the busy harbor and set sail. We could have helped raise the sail, but were content taking in the view. We go to Camden, many times each summer, but I've never seen it from the water. A real treat. I highly recommend the trip. The Bloody Mary was pretty good too

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

I am a Camden Resident. I like to treat friends and family to a schooner tour when they come to visit. The Appledore is by far the best schooner tour in Camden Harbor. The crew is always lively and fun. They allow you to bring food onboard, and there's a cash bar (no other schooner in Camden has beverage service). Fun for all ages. A beautiful way to see the bay.

Reviewed August 25, 2017

We booked a tour through Tripadvisor for 5 people. Later that day we ate our lunch right next to the Appledore. After lunch we went there to check things out. We found the Appledore and started talking to the gentleman who was by the Appledore booth. I told him we just were checking things out for tomorrow to make sure we knew where to go. He asked for our name which we gave him. He then received a personal call. We waited for him to finish, but after about 5 minutes lost patience and left. Later that day we receive a message saying that they were cancelling our reservation with no reason given. We also received a call that went to voicemail (can't remember if earlier or later than the email) saying our reservation has been cancelled and gave us a name and number to call to get a refund. I called back and asked for the name indicated. He didn't know anything and told me to go through viator (I assume booking service) to get my refund. I emailed Viator and at first they refused to refund my reservation because I canceled to late. I eventually got it straight (that they cancelled, not me) and got a refund.

Luckily I found another cruise out of Rockport. I can't tell you how disappointed I was in both the person at the dock who ignored me and the cancellation of my cruise well after I booked. They put me in a bind and wasted a lot of my valuable vacation time dealing with their incompetence.

eywphm, Owner at Schooner Appledore II Windjammer Cruise, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

I am sorry for this gentleman's inconvenience. What is represented here is not how this went. We documented the event as the customer made it abundantly clear in the initial contact that he would be reflecting his displeasure here. We received a email request from a third party agent for this booking which we could not accommodate as we were already sold out, Immediately we contacted the guest on the phone and left a detailed message . When the guest called us back a short time later he was already livid. Our efforts to accommodate the guest at another time or on another vessel were rebuked.
Our reservation system is linked realtime to our website. We are in the process of enabling other preferred vendors to have the same realtime access and availability.