“Beautiful trip”

Schooner Appledore II Windjammer Cruise
Ranked #6 of 18 Tours in Camden
More attraction details
Owner description: The Schooner Appledore II, a traditional 86-foot wooden windjammer, offers a variety of cruises out of Camden, Maine, and Key West, Florida, including day sails, chartered sails, snorkel sails, and sunset sails.
Reviewed September 4, 2017

This is a lovely sail and the captain and his mates were great. We, unfortunately, had a cloudy day and, therefore, the wind chilled us to the bone. The crew literally wrapped us in five blankets (and would have given us more if we wanted) so that we would be comfortable and they will make you a Bloody Mary or whatever else you may want to imbibe. I would do it again if the sun comes out.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"great sunset"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed September 3, 2017

Our party of six really enjoyed the sunset cruise. Calm seas and gentle winds in Penobscot harbor made for a pleasant and pretty cruise. The crew was competent and I enjoyed watching them work. The sunset cooperated, so it was a very nice evening out.

Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

My eleven year old daughter and I had the perfect experience on the Appledore last night - from the friendly staff to the accommodating Captain (he answered my many questions and desire for pics), to the perfect amount of wind to see what she can do, this sunset cruise was relaxing and a great way to see Camden from the ocean view while watching the sun go down over the mountains! Thanks Chris, Jan and Jess! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed August 31, 2017

We took a late afternoon sail, so we had perfect wind. The owner of the ship happened to be on our cruise, as were the mother's of the captain and first mate. It was a perfect way to see the Maine shoreline, and catch a glimpse of a lighthouse. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages were available for purchase on board. The crew were friendly and fun - and very informative. Definitely a not-to-be missed experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 27, 2017

My friend and I sailed on the Appledore II on a perfect day. It was my first time sailing and I didn't really know what to expect. The crew and captain were great! Very personable and accommodating. We couldn't have asked for a better day. We motored out of the busy harbor and set sail. We could have helped raise the sail, but were content taking in the view. We go to Camden, many times each summer, but I've never seen it from the water. A real treat. I highly recommend the trip. The Bloody Mary was pretty good too