Schooner Appledore II Windjammer Cruise
Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Book In Advance
Tours from Schooner Appledore II Windjammer Cruise tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Schooner Appledore II Windjammer Cruise
from US$42.40
More Info
from US$53.00
More Info
All reviews bloody mary key west captain chris full bar penobscot bay liquor license friendly crew great fun available for purchase set sail hour sail two hours crew members great sunset bring a jacket camden harbor beautiful scenery
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our first time out on a windjammer. I helped hoist the sails which really added to the experience. There was something truly magical about raising the sails, turning off the engine, and letting the wind and water take over. Our busy, noisy life seemed a world away. Thanks to the captain and crew for a wonderful time!

Reviewed October 10, 2018

We were lucky enough to be on the last sunset cruise of the season. It was an experience we won't soon forget. The views were breathtaking, the sea calm, the crew friendly and informative. If you have the chance to do this, don't hesitate!

Reviewed October 9, 2018

We had a great time on the Appledore. The fees was fantastic. They were informative and fun. They truly enjoy what they are doing. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked this sail for our anniversary. Captain John, Matt and Sydney were fantastic! Very informative about everything, the boat and surroundings and historical facts. They were funny and friendly and the service was excellent. The drinks were great too! Hope we make it down to Key West this winter to sail with them again!

Reviewed October 7, 2018

Celebrated our Anniversary with a sunset sail aboard the Appledore II in Camden, ME. This was my second sunset sail aboard the Appledore II; I enjoyed it so much with friends earlier in the summer, that my husband and I decided to book a sail for our anniversary. Captain Matt and Mates Sydney x 2 were amazing, informative, and welcoming to all passengers aboard from little children celebrating birthdays to older adults enjoying a night out on the ocean. Passengers could help with the sails or take the wheel. We also enjoyed adult beverages and appetizers as we sailed about. The weather cooperated and gave us a beautiful sunset amidst the backdrop of autumn leaves in varying shades of yellow, red, green, and orange. We will do this again! We highly recommend the sunset sail with this fantastic crew.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

We very much enjoyed our sunset cruise with Captain John, Boatswain Matt, and Sidney. They were very fun and entertaining, plus informative and highly capable and skilled. Beautiful views accompanied the delicious appetizers and drinks, all at a reasonable price. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

The sunset cruise was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! The crew was amazing. We would definitely return. They have us the in-person price over the phone and saves us quite a bit as we brought our infant. The captain also made a very comfortable little bed for or baby to rest on during the cruise.

Reviewed September 30, 2018

We're residents of Camden, Maine and have long loved the sea. Decided to take our daughters and my wife's twin sister out for a day sail today. What an incredibly fun time. Capt John, Boatswain Matt and Sidney were professional, very funny and showed us all a great time. My wife's twin took a long turn at the helm and fell in love with boats and the sea almost immediately. This crew is a credit to the boat and the boat is a beauty to be sure. I would sail her again in a heartbeat (and if truth be told I'd follow the crew to another boat if I heard they were crewing elsewhere; they're that good).

PS - great bloody marys. What else do you need?

William F. House, MD
Camden, Maine

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

This trip was a highlight of my trip to Maine. It was both educational and entertaining. The crew was entertaining and worked to make sure that each passenger enjoyed the trip. The weather cooperated providing beautiful views of changing leaves.

Reviewed September 29, 2018

We decided to take a sailboat( schooner) on Penobscot Bay in Camden ME. We booked the Appledore cruise. The crew was great. It was easy to walk about the boat. They served great appetizers and you could get a drink at an extra cost. The crew was very informative and answered all of our questions about the boat or even personal (how they started sailing). They offered blankets when the sun went down and even an infant had her own makeshift crib! The sunset was beautiful and we met some great other tourists! Thanks for great memories!