All reviews private beach popovers pop overs ocean view blueberry muffins rocky beach deck house oceanfront room hot out of the oven warm muffins watermelon main building continental breakfast penobscot bay short drive hill overlooking beautiful breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our first time staying at a B&B. We enjoyed the beautiful scenery, the home cooked breakfast and visiting with the owner! Twice we walked down to the shoreline to take in the views. Since we had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before we chose to stay in the main house for the experience. Our room was just as described and with the ocean view! Thanks to the gentleman that checked us in for the great suggestions for dining that evening. Wish we could have spent more than one night.

Room Tip: I picked this room for the water views
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Terrific place to stay in Camden. Out of the city and very peaceful. Hosts kind and helpful. Felt like a bed and breakfast, not a hotel. Homemade muffins and popovers served every morning. Take water shoes if hoping to take a dip!

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The high Tide Inn is in a great location. We stayed in the Deck House for one night
(5 adults). Enjoyed the private Beach and Bay after breakfast. Jo the Innkeeper was very helpful and provided a lovely breakfast with fresh Popovers, Blueberry Muffins straight from the oven, hard boiled eggs, watermelon, coffee,tea,juice. If you are looking for a peaceful lovely location, this would be an ideal place.

Room Tip: Great location
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We decided to stay in Camden on our way from Philadelphia to Bar Harbor. I had heard about Camden being a beautiful, charming seaside town, my search for the first stop ended there. Next step, where to stay? I researched many travelsites and reviews and decided on this location. I do believe we booked the last room at the Inn. We arrived several hours later than we anticipated based on several construction and traffic delays. We arrived after the normal check hours however Jo was still at it. We were greeted with a warm welcome and got a little overview of where we might grab a bite to eat. The Inn has a lovely sitting/breakfast area with almost floor to ceiling windows. Several guests were congregated out there winding down from their day. We had still not eaten and I asked if we could have a glass of wine out there when we came in from dinner. Jo told me "of course" and offered some wine glasses. We checked into our room, how cozy. No TV, no air, a 4 post bed, nice furnishngs, a bathroom with more amenities than some hotels. My husband was hesitant but windows open, fan going, Maine weather. Picture perfect of what an Inn should be. After a quick freshen up, out to dinner and back to the Inn for some wine. It was probably 11:00pm and Jo was in and out of the lobby area, preparing for the next morning. What a wonderful rest we had. Slept in packed up and it was almost check out time. Went to breakfast area just hoping to get a cup of coffee before we were on the road. Jo said she was just about to turn the oven off, although I think it was much past breakfast time, and she made us fresh blueberry muffuns and popovers. Perfect. We enjoyed the views and as we were checking out she told us we were welcome to enjoy the property for the day. We did go to their private beach and enjoyed the property but we needed to get on our final leg of the journey. Before leaving we spoke to Jo again. I told her how while eating I was assessing all it took to be an innkeeper. From getting up early for breakfast,to cleaning and replenishing the rooms, check-ins and outs, keeping landscape manicured, still up late....etc... She shared a few things about Camden before we left. One was Mt. Battie, we otherwise would not have gone but so glad we did. The views were incredible. Everything right down to the must do's were on target. We will be back again. Sorry for the delayed review (checked in 8/11...all good intentions). The price was very reasonable, place clean (utmost importance) and the hospitality was genuine. Thank you Jo. Next time we will do more than an overnight,

Room Tip: Clean, reasonably priced, hospitible
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2018

I traveled alone for 1 night- and spoke with Dean before arrival and he assured me I would be taken care of. WOW- he was 100% correct. Dean checked me in quickly with a smile and points of interest to the area. Jo (owner) is a sweetheart and made me feel right at home.
I stayed in the main house- room 4L which is nicely done. NO A/C is needed (wonderful breeze) and heater setup in the room just in case I had a chill.
I spent the afternoon on a lawn chair doing paperwork and reading a book with a fantastic view of the water! After a 10 minute drive to Camden to grab a bit to eat I came back and relaxed in the living room chatting with Dean. There is hot water and tea laid out at night for guests to use. Also a soda machine on the premises.
I awoke to the wonderful aroma of breakfast- banana bread, muffins and popovers served on the porch with juice and hot beverages. The pastries tasted even better than they smelled!
Thanks for a wonderful stay- and I am already planning my visit for next year.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo