All reviews steam shower lobster benedict turn down service cape colony feather bed handwritten note hand written my husband and i no elevator hill overlooking attention to detail separate review the bed was extremely comfortable off season blueberry pancakes new england rocking chairs
Reviewed October 8, 2018

We stayed 2 nights at the Inn. King room, second floor, harbor view. Design and decor is dated. Shag carpet is crusty. Bathroom is not very user friendly, counter top space wise and there are shower curtains, as I recall. Room is dark, poorly lit. No charging stations or USB ports near the bed or anywhere. Just not a modern room and expensive. We did not use the restaurant except for one breakfast that was good. Great out door dining in the morning. I am pretty certain that for similar costs there are better places in town in Camden. I do not recall the name of the room we had. Rooms are named not numbered as I recall. The one with the sticky door.

1  Thank ScottJ117
Reviewed October 6, 2018

Can express in words how wonderful our stay was. Camden Harbour Inn delivers big time! The service is like something you have never experienced before. The room was well appointed and had a beautiful view over the harbor. The food is define and Camden is beautiful. We were sad to leave.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank 19tontin
Reviewed September 10, 2018

We just returned from a 3 night stay at the charming Camden Harbour Inn. It was our first time in Camden and we found the Inn to be the perfect home base for our getaway. The location is great - easily walkable to the main strip of restaurants and shops, but far enough away for a feeling of true peace and quiet. Our room, the Cape Colony, was comfortable with a big soft bed and updated bathroom. The carpet and air conditioner could use a refresh, but those are my only points of feedback.

The real story here is the service. From the moment you arrive, the wonderfully accommodating staff of the Inn makes their presence felt. What's amazing is that it wasn't any particular staff member, it was everyone that you interacted with on the property. It truly feels as though it's their pleasure to help you in any way that they can (whether it was getting me a cocktail while I was reading in a rocking chair on the porch, or bringing my wife an extra cup cake after she mentioned loving them, or the lovely handwritten notes you come back to at the end of every day).

Lastly, it probably warrants a separate review, but the food at Natalie's the in house restaurant, if FABULOUS. We did the lobster tasting at dinner and 3 breakfasts and were blown away by the creative dishes. Like the hotel, the service in the restaurant is top notch.

The worst part of our trip was that we had to leave. Camden is a very special place and the Inn helped us enjoy it to the fullest. We hope to get back one day.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank michaelpantilione
Reviewed August 29, 2018

For several years my husband and I have wanted to stay at Camden Harbour Inn, and we figured our anniversary was a great excuse. On our drive north, we spent a night in Portland and had a delicious lunch of Pemaquid oysters, lobster pie and lobster roll in Damariscotta. Upon arrival at the Inn, we were helped with our bags, guided to our room and offered appetizers and prosecco. We were thrilled to participate in that evening's schooner sunset bay cruise and to dine at Natalie's that night. We recommend wearing sturdy sneakers or deck shoes and bringing a camera, hat and light jacket on the cruise. Dinner and dessert were delicious and clearly prepared by an exceptionally talented chef and staff. Dining al fresco on warm summer nights is an added treat. The service was personal yet respectful and attentive and the sommelier had good suggestions for wine pairings with our dishes. Our room, Delagoa Bay, had a roomy balcony with a view of the harbor, offered plenty of walking space and sported an updated bathroom. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the A/C unit did a fine job keeping the room cool. Complimentary breakfasts in the mornings were delicious -- we recommend the blueberry pancakes as well as the avocado toast main dishes. We also suggest ordering the amazing sausage, mushrooms and spinach as side items. With the additional buffet table inside, that offers lots of beautiful pastries, hard boiled eggs, yogurt and granola, there is no reason to leave the table hungry! There are lots of things to do in and around Camden. We suggest leveraging the knowledge of the Inn's concierge; he helped direct us to trailheads for beautiful hikes, to beaches to search for sea glass and to local museums on one particularly rainy day. We look forward to a returning to this quintessential Maine harbor town and wonderful inn!

Reviewed August 21, 2018

Firstly, this review is strictly about the inn. I reviewed the restaurant and bar separately and they were both excellent. Our reservation was made through a discounter but the bill for a room for two with king sized bed was still about $750 with taxes. The most expensive rates in Camden..Lots of free parking available. Nice location.The front office staff handled registration well and we were shown to our room which turned out to be on the third floor, two flights of stairs and no elevator. I definite problem for us seniors..The room was a good size with the usual Bells and Whistles for R & C. The bath was average. For the price charged we were surprised to see a bathtub type shower with curtain. Towels were small and not the usual bath sheets. The AC (window) was noisy. The bedding was nice if you like pillow tops and thick duvets. Angela does but I don't and I removed both on my side of the bed...Just OK..Not worth the price and does not compare well with other R & C hotels we have stayed at.

Room tip: Lower floor as there is no elevator.
1  Thank gardner m