All reviews main street fourth floor exposed brick gated lot harbor view room breakfast buffet downtown location make your own waffles cookies middle of town nice balcony park the car floor room dog bed shops and restaurants comfortable beds wonderful hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We knew we had a room that faced the back street. Parking here is a real challenge, and we noticed a handicapped man having difficulties with the process of checking in and getting luggage, parking, etc. We had to park 3 blocks away. The room was ok, and clearly carved out of a historic building. The rooms on the front of the hotel on the fourth floor probably have a nice view. I would not stay here again because of the price for a room that I thought was just average.

Room Tip: Fourth Floor at front of hotel for a view.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Matthew L, Manager at Lord Camden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear ValueForPrice,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience of your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that we seemed to have fallen short of your expectations. As a downtown property, closest to Camden's finest shops, restaurants and waterfront, our private, gated parking lot is located one block from our back entrance. I understand this can be a slight inconvenience for some, but once you park, you are all set as everything in town is a very short walk from our front entrance. For future reference, we do offer complimentary valet parking upon request to make it more convenient for guests. We are also a fully accessible hotel with an elevator and ramps in place to provide ease of mobility for guests in wheelchairs. You are correct that our hotel is housed in a fully renovated, historical brick building with rooms both facing the water side and the back village. Room descriptions on our website provide nice detail of the type of views available, and we do offer Full Harbor View rooms on our 4th floor, which are very popular. Again, I'd like to apologize for not meeting your expectations, and hope that you do reconsider staying with us in the future, or at least at one of our 4-diamond sister properties located nearby (Grand Harbor Inn or 16 Bay View).

Matthew Levin
Director of Hotels

Reviewed September 11, 2018

I stayed at the Lord Camden Inn back in 1988 and absolutely loved it, and I returned in August 2018. Thankfully, my memories didn't disappoint me. I continue to love this place--it has a feel of history, of graciousness, of care, and of service. We paid the extra $$ for a harbor-view room, which I would highly recommend. The hotel offers its guests, complimentary, a gated parking area just a block away, plus a wonderful breakfast spread. The location is perfect--just walk out the hotel's front entrance onto a charming main street with shops, bars, and restaurants (and the harbor) all within a very walkable 5-block radius. Our room had a balcony (with harbor view), and it was extremely comfortable. The bathroom is small but adequate and nicely appointed. I would stay here again--every time, actually--and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Matthew L, Guest Relations Manager at Lord Camden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Charlsa B,

Thank you so much for coming back to stay with us, and thank you for writing such a fantastic review to share with future travelers. You've
highlighted several attributes that we love receiving compliments on in particular, including our home-away-from-home guestrooms, our
world-class service and our bountiful (and free!) fresh breakfast. While some of the bathrooms are on the cozier side, we do also have several rooms with spacious bathrooms that include a double vanity, a free-standing walk-in glass shower, and a hot tub jacuzzi! We would absolutely be more than happy to assist and guide anyone that enjoys a larger bathroom when they call us directly to book! All of us here greatly appreciate the kind words, as well as your recommendations to future travelers! We enjoyed having you back, and we hope to see you return before 2048!

Cameron Butler
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

Our room was supposed to be a river view. I have added pictures from our balcony. I guess that is a river view but wasn’t any view. I called down and asked if they had another room with a view of the town available and we would have had to pay an extra$100 for that so we didn’t do that. We already had enough money tied up in the room we were in. It had rained before we came and our chairs on the balcony were full of water that looked like it had been standing in the cushions for a long time or many times before because they looked moldy and the flooring on the balcony had green stuff growing on it and was slick to stand on so needless to say we didn’t use the balcony at all. When we first went in the room it had a bad musty smell and everything seemed damp in the room. The air conditioner was turned down to 67 and we turned it up but didn’t help. The bedding felt damp and even the toilet paper was damp and the smell just wasn’t good. Also there was someone’s leftover food in our refrigerator when we opened it. I called and they did come up and remove the food for us. Also the carpet was so worn and dirty as you can see in my picture that I wore shoes the whole time. You had to make a down payment and couldn’t cancel unless you did it so far ahead and then you still lost $50. I see why they do this because we would have left and stayed somewhere else but they already had our money. The one good thing and the reason I gave it two stars is they had a good breakfast that was included. We won’t stay there again and I wouldn’t recommend it for anyone else.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Matthew L, Director of Hotels at Lord Camden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear ltaylor177,

Where do I begin, other than to say I sincerely regret and am quite embarrassed about the experience you had recently staying with us. The condition of your room, especially the balcony was certainly not to our standards. You pointed out several areas that we simply neglected prior to your arrival, which is unexcusable. I have spoken to our team and we have addressed most, if not all of the items you mention. Ironically, the day of your departure we received new patio seat cushions, which we had ordered a while ago, to replace many that have become faded and worn over the summer. You will be happy to know that these are all replaced. The heat and humidity on the day you arrived was quite oppressive, thus I believe the reason for the dampness feel and musty odor in your room. Fortunately the weather broke that evening after the rainstorm and things became much dryer and more comfortable. Again, so sorry you weren't able to enjoy your balcony. The view is of the Megunticook River, which typically has a nice flow to it with ducks, loons and other wildlife about, but since we have had quite a drought this season, the river is very low and has no current. I can certainly understand your frustration with the view. I do appreciate you commenting very nicely about our breakfast as this is often one of the highlights of our guest's stays. Thank you again for for taking the time to write this review and pointing out these obvious deficiencies that we must pay much closer attention to. I and our team live by the rule that you never get a second chance to make a first impression. So I understand if you choose not to stay with us again, but if you happen to change your mind, and we hope you do, I guarantee a much more positive experience.

I will be reaching out to you in private as well to follow-up with your stay.

Again, please accept my apologies.

Matthew Levin
Director of Hotels

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

We spent two nights and three days at this wonderful, pet friendly (!!!) boutique hotel.
A wonderful, gracious, comfortable inn with amiable, very helpful staff. Front desk staff were very helpful especially the very nice lady who checked us in and made perfect restaurant recommendations two days in a row and Denise who helped numerous times and made us feel very much at home. Breakfasts were excellent, beds comfortable and rooms very clean and well kept (thanks Bonnie !). 1st visit to Camden but we'll be back and certainly look forward to staying at the very convenient Lord Camden Inn.

Cocktails and apps at the rooftop bar (also dog friendly!!!) a block away, at their sister property 16 Bay View was an evening event not to be missed!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2018

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff was very pleasant. The front desk was very helpful, the maid service was very accommodating when we needed extra towels and the breakfast staff worked so hard to make sure all the food was kept full and fresh. The breakfast was amazing! The beds were extremely comfortable. We liked that it was an 11:00 check out so we weren't rushed. It was amazingly quiet for being right downtown. I was worried about the pet-friendly idea but the hotel was clean and we never heard any pets. The only problem, you are right down with all the awesome shops so you spend more. Just run the bags up the room and continue to shop. LOL. This was a problem for me but I got some nice items. You know you have arrived at the front door when you smell the wonderful lavender aroma of the lavender shop next door. I wish we had more than 2 days.