All reviewschart roomcrows nestgreen smoothieblueberry pancakesprivate deckfrench toastcarriage roommy husband and ibreakfast choicesgreat hostsclawfoot tubshops and restaurantsdowntown areabed and breakfastnew ownerswithin walking distanceb and b
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I just stayed at the Windward House for my third consecutive year - and I'll be back!

I lead a weekend photography tour up the Maine coast every year and chose the Windward House after looking at those available in Camden.

I have never regretted that choice for a second, and neither have my tour guests.

Kristi and Jesse have done a *great* job with this charming old house. The rooms are immaculate, nicely decorated, inviting and warm.

The breakfast is superb! While there are lots of choices, I suggest the special of the day - it has been a smash hit every year. Portions are generous and very, very good.

When I stayed there last year, I had just had a hip replacement 6 weeks earlier and Kristi was beyond helpful in getting me and my tour guests settled in.

Thanks for another perfect stay for my guests and for me!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Windwardhouse, Owner at Camden Windward House, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Charlie - Thank you so much for your great review. It was a pleasure seeing you and your students again. The photographs that you take during your trip are amazing! I am still thinking about the osprey bird and fish picture - really great! I truly appreciate your kind words! see you next year - stay well. -Kristi

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Camden Windward House B&B is delightful! If you are heading to the Maine coast, this is a place to check out. The owners are warm and grounded and dear. Kristi and Jesse moved to Maine from NY 7yrs ago, and are raising their kids and dog in a special seaside town while running this B&B. Kristi greets you with a smile and makes you feel at home right away. Jesse is a wonderful cook. The breakfasts were delicious; everything is organic and fresh, yum! The room was beautiful, comfortable, clean, and in a lovely old home (it has been a B&B for 25 yrs). We give this place an EXCELLENT rating with no hesitation! We look forward to returning.
-Jen from Vermont

Room Tip: They are all nice. The Quarter Deck room was fabulous! We had a view of Mt. Battie, and our own entrance via a private deck. This room is on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Jen - Thank you for your kind review.Jes and I made this leap of faith 7 years ago and we have never looked back. It is a pleasure meeting lovely people like yourself. We hope to see you again in Camden!

Reviewed May 6, 2012

We are from Idaho and wanted to show our friends (also from Idaho) a perfect place for a get away. This was our second visit to Camden and one of our very favorite places in the US. The Windward House was wonderful--outstanding hosts and food. Shopping was just down the street. We stayed in the Carriage House which was beautiful and had a very pretty bathroom. There is a beautiful drive along the coast line that you wouldn't want to miss. This is particularly beautiful in the fall but also nice at any time of year.

Room Tip: The carriage house room or the garden room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Charleen, It was a pleasure having you and your frineds here at Windward House. Thank you for mentioning the great shopping in the downtown. The Harbor Carriage room is a very popular room, I am glad you liked it. I love the clawfoot high back tub in that room. Hope to see you again. -Kind Regards, Kristi

Reviewed May 5, 2012

My husband and I are from Maine, but thought a quick weekend stay along the coast would be a fun thing to do pre-tourist season. Camden Windward House caught our eye because of its informative and excellent website, as well as its extremely affordable pricing (compared to other Camden B&B's). The house itself is well maintained, albeit it decorated with slightly older furniture. A fancy-pants B&B this place is not, however, the owners have put a lot of effort into making your stay comfortable and pleasant. The location cannot be beat - it's a 2 minute walk to the main drag, and we were able to walk to Francine (excellent local restaurant) in 7 minutes. No need to hassle with parking downtown, too. We stayed in the Chart Room, which had a big king bed (unbelievably comfortable) plus a sitting room with TV, mini-fridge, books and DVDs, and a gas fireplace. Very big and would be perfect for an extended stay. The breakfast was amazing - big, delicious (eggs benedict!) and filling for our hike at the state park down the road. Overall, Windward House is a comfortable, clean, affordable and welcoming place. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: First floor suite has a wonderfully comfortable king bed.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Gastro Gal, Thank you for your review. We love when other Mainers take a staycation in Camden. Our location, food and beds are definately our signature items and I appreciate you mentioning them in your review. We hope you travel north again soon. Just 1.5 hours from Portland! Thank you, Thank you, Kristi

Reviewed April 24, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend.....so much to do in Camden and great location....Breakfasts were delicious and cooked to order. We stayed in the Pinrose suite...it was warm and cozy with some nice original features and very clean. It would have been nice to have a mini fridge in our room, however there is a community fridge and ice machine on the other side of the house on the second floor. Our suite was nice and private with a separate entrance. Overall great stay and would stay again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Windwardhouse, Owner at Camden Windward House, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Thank you Priscilla for your review. The name of the room is Windrose. The Windrose room is a lovely comfortable room and the rate that you paid of $99.00 a night in the winter is a great value. Unfortunately Windrose does not have a refrigerator, but Chart Room, Harbor Carriage, Coastal Garden and Quarterdeck room do have their own in room refrigerator. The ice machine and the extra guest frig in the bar area seems to work out well for rooms that do not have a refrigerator. We are very proud of our breakfast, thank you for mentioning it. Hope to see you again.