My husband and I decided to take a last-minute trip to Camden Maine this week. Friends of ours had recommended the Windward House. They had just gone and couldn't say enough about their experience. I'm delighted to say they did not steer us wrong.
When we arrived, we were immediately greeted by Dan & Matt whom we learned are the new owners. Their reception was so warm and welcoming I felt like an invited guest.
We reserved the Quarter Deck room which was tastefully decorated and, to my delight immaculate as was the entire Inn. In addition to the super comfortable bed, the room also had a small gas fireplace and a seating area overlooking a private deck with a stunning view of the mountains.
We had the opportunity to peak into a few of the other rooms while we were there, and I loved each one of them. As new owners, Matt & Dan told us they are looking forward to putting their personal stamp on the property. They shared some of their plans for updates to enhance the guest experience.
The location couldn't be better. Located right on the edge of town it's private enough to be quiet, yet close enough to walk to everything. Dan & Matt filled us in on fun things to do in the area and offered a few suggestions on where to eat.
Speaking of eating, the made to order breakfast was delicious. I had Matt's special blueberry pancakes, I'd love to know how he gets that hint of crisp on the edges. My, husband had the farm fresh eggs with sausage, both dishes were served with fresh fruit. Dan offered me a glass of their green smoothie and it was surprisingly tasty.
The entire experience reminded me of a Hallmark Movie. By the time we left, I felt as if I were leaving old friends. I am already planning a trip in the Spring to see what they've done over the long Maine winter.
Thanks, Dan & Matt for welcoming us into your home, we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful Bed and Breakfast is rich in charm and history. 1 block from the harbor, stores and restaurants. Walking distance to everything including hiking trails and schooner boats. The Inn is friendly and has all modern day amenities. Breakfast is a menu style and made to order. Tea and treats are available during the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Camden Windward House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camden Windward House Hotel Camden
- Camden Windward House Maine