All reviews rose room interesting decor own bathroom b and b place to stay solar system a lovely stay presque isle coffee maker would definitely stay here again muffins hosts ruffles tv maine mccarthy geodes
Reviewed August 2, 2018

If you want to see a world class collection of antique irons, this is the place. I never knew there were so many and so diverse. The Inn is a beautiful 90 year old arts and crafts home, the hosts are gracious and welcoming, and the room was perfect. We would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kate and Kevin M, Owner at Old Iron Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2018

Thanks, Leanne. We're always happy to share the iron collection with visitors. There is a reason why we are named The Old Iron Inn!

Reviewed July 18, 2018

Was visiting the area and looking for a good place to stay. Lodging in this area is somewhat limited. Prefer to stay in B and Bs, as the service provided is usually better than a hotel/motel. The owners were away, so a friend was taking care of things. Every B and B I’ve stayed at either puts out coffee for early risers or provides a Kerig machine. A small DIY coffee maker was the only thing available and only one flavor of coffee. I realize that this is Caribou and is a pretty peaceful area, but there were no locks on entrance doors or rooms. Anyone was free to walk right in.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kate and Kevin M, Owner at Old Iron Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Since we only have three rooms, we have found that a coffee pot and electric tea kettle in a common area serves all of the bedrooms just fine for those who wish to make a cup of coffee or tea whenever they like, and of course are happy to put coffee on early in the dining room for people requesting it. As far as the locks go, all of the bedrooms do have locks on their doors. The front door is kept unlocked while people are going in and out about their business, and in 26 years we have never had a problem with this. You can be sure that if it were a concern, we WOULD keep the front door locked at all times.

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment and we hope you enjoyed your stay in northern Maine.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

Having grown up down the street from the Raymond House, my sister and I were quite familiar with the house. Kevin and Kate McCartney have done a great job in transforming the house into a comfortable B&B. The Inn is centrally located on High St, the Inn Keeper was very pleasant, the rooms quiet and comfortable, and the breakfast was delicious. They can accommodate various diets without a problem. Plenty of antique irons are in every nook and cranny around the house, including a Victrola or two. Fine stay!

Room tip: All rooms appear to be private and quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Kate and Kevin M, Manager at Old Iron Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Glad you enjoyed your stay! We love having people who have a history with the "Raymond House" (ie, the Old Iron Inn) come and stay with us, to see what we've done to this terrific 1913 Craftsman house. (We've added a LOT of plumbing, that's for sure.)

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Kate

Reviewed June 4, 2018

This is my second stay with Kate & Kevin at the Inn and I would visit again! Last time, I visited with my husband for a family Christmas gathering ten years ago. This time, my husband couldn't come with us but my 4-year old son and I had a family gathering to attend. Not all B&Bs would have allowed such a young child but Kate & Kevin are child-friendly and my son was thankfully REALLY well behaved for our overnight (*this mother wipes her brow and breathes a sigh of relief!*)

We stayed in the Rose Room, which has its own bathroom (including tub!) and a queen (maybe king? Can't remember) size bed AND twin bed. I would choose this room again!! There are no TVs in the rooms, but we took the opportunity to have a quiet bedtime routine (bath, playing go fish, reading books and lights out). It was honestly pretty luxurious feeling after the excitement of being with the family.

The one negative, which is not under K&K's control, was that there was a commercial mowing crew across the street at 6:30 in the morning the morning we were there. We had the windows open and it was a bit loud and was a bit of an earlier start than we had hoped for! Oops!

Wi-Fi is available.

Breakfast, as always, is amazing. Kate does a great job!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2018

A beautiful B & B ! Many thanks to Kate and Kevin, the proprietors, for their wonderful hospitality and conversation! I was visiting the area for the first time in 30 years and the Old Iron Inn made my visit extra special ! And thank you for a delicious breakfast!

Room tip: A wonderful stay, very close to area attractions and restaurants.
Date of stay: April 2018