“Wonderful food, great ambience”

Pentagoet Inn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Castine
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Pentagoet Inn restaurant is open to the public seasonally and inn guests most evenings serving dinner, or as we affectionately say “serving supper”. The renowned farm to table menu offers the best of local fare complemented by an excellent wine list and specialty cocktail menu. Enjoy a memorable meal in the elegant dining room, on the expansive porch, or have drink or specialty cocktail in the award winning Baron's Pub & Wine Bar.
Reviewed February 6, 2018

I love the menu at the Pentagoet, and I especially love the bar. Listening to jazz on the porch every Tuesday night is also one of my favorites to do in Castine.

Reviewed February 6, 2018

My guests always enjoy the experience of dining here. It is most gracious. Food is presented well and always delicious. Reservations are needed in the season, as it is very popular.

Reviewed October 24, 2017

My husband and I have eaten here many times when we staying at the Pentagoet Inn .
Wonderful food. Always an interesting dinner menu using local vegetables and seafood. Excellent wine list.
Staff were cheerful, and efficient.
Great breakfast, with a selection of fruit and yogurts, pastries and choice of eggs.
Delicious!

Reviewed October 20, 2017

Although the Pentagoet does a small plate menu this season, a change from other years, the food is consistently good. Love the halibut, crab cakes, and the mussels were to die for! We just enjoyed another really good dinner. The service is exceptional. Thank you Jack and Julie and all the staff. We will see you in the spring!

Reviewed October 11, 2017

Loved our meal at the Inn. The lobster and linguine small plate may have been the most divine food I've had in a long time--and I love food! I wanted to lick the plate! I like the set small plate offerings and the nightly special of 2 large plate entrees. Staff lovely. Jack's Bar is worth the trip in itself!.. Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank BBCGeorgia