“Confused”

The Breeze & Castine Variety
Ranked #8 of 13 Restaurants in Castine
Reviewed August 25, 2018

I had breakfast - it was great!
I asked for water and was told I could not have ice (this was in the AM) they didn't have enough ice for the day.
I went back because I loved the clam chowder. Excellent.
I have been back twice and it has been close.
Just called and found that the phone has been disconnected.
Very confusing!

Reviewed August 4, 2018

This is a very strange restaurant. I walked up to the take out window trying to get a quick bite but was told that I must go inside if I want to order food. After my mediocre sandwich I ordered an ice cream cone, but was told that I have to go back out to the take out window to order ice cream. Overall a very weird experience. Head down to the Wharf for a much better lunch.

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

Ok so there isn’t enough time or words to say how amazing this place is! The baked goods are amazing and plentiful all homemade by the owner Snow..yes that’s her name. She is so sweet and very proud of her shop.
This was the best crab salad sandwich I have ever eaten on a baguette.
Seriously if in Castine take a walk, visit Snow, grab some goodies and go sit by the water and watch the world go by!! It’s heaven❤️

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

I walked in amd the sweetest lady was serving all by herself she was very nice. The price was the best for what you get around,the lobster rolls are the biggest have the most lobster i have seen in a lobster roll, the clam chowder is to die for and dont get me started on the home made pastries.

Reviewed June 8, 2018

My first time:
I walked up to the 'ice cream window' to place an order. This lady is trying to wave me to '''come in'''...ugh, I just wanted a quick ice cream cone and be on my way. Instead, I go in and she's trying to upsell her menu on the board. I felt bad because the place was empty on a hot summer day on the coast of Maine-----very unusual, very. I left 10 minutes later with my skimpy, expensive cone.
Second Time: I was hungry and wanted something quick, again i approached the window and asked for a menu. "No menu. It's on chalkboard inside". Okay, I'm now confused, why have a take out window??? 20 minutes later, as i stand in the 'lobby'? waiting for my food, I get my food, I'm sweating to death ( no air conditioning) and I get my 25.00 scallop ""basket""" and there were, I swear, 5? 6? scallops.
Third Time: Breakfast.
They say 'third time is a charm'; they're wrong. Is it me or is this place just confusing? The counter, which is where I wanted to sit was covered with baked goods. You can't sit at this historic counter, which is nice when you're dining alone, nope, I sat at a table and the owner? is going back and forth pointing at choices on the chalkboard...okay...I'm just going to say this: I HATE CHALKBOARD MENUS. They are too vague. I want to know exactly what comes with my meals etc. BTW: fries cost extra: 6.50. This is outrageous.
To sum it up: This is a poor choice to go and eat here.
Hire a waitstaff person.
Staff the ice cream window.
Lower the prices.
Make a physical menu that clearly state what you get.
Put on the A/C on hot days. Not all of us are from the tropics and can stand to eat in the heat and humidity in August.
Cleaf the clutter! and make the counter available!
Ugh....I could go on and on.....
Sadly, this is Castine's only breakfast """diner""".

1  Thank House C