Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 3, 2018

Secluded, Romantic, and Quiet. The Black Duck Inn is a Charming Historical Beauty! My daughter and I were hiking in Schoodic Point, and we stayed here for only one night - Had I known how lovely this location was going to be, I would have scheduled more time for a longer stay to do some hiking and exploring of the area surrounding this gorgeous village. Corea is very small and quaint. Its truly the quintessential Maine fishing village. Will and Rachel are the amazing new owner/innkeepers who are going above and beyond to bring the inn up to its full potential. and plenty of potential is has! The Location and The Charm and The History of this home, and Rachel's wonderful cooking... its a winning combination. Rooms are going to be hard to book when the word gets out. I would recommend this lovely inn for adults, for a quiet romantic getaway, or for anybody looking for some place to really mentally slow down.
Corea is the perfect place to find artistic inspiration. Will has painted scenes of the harbor himself, and the area is truly a photographers dream. In addition, it's also convenient to the entrance to the "Quiet Side" of Acadia (Schoodic Point). We will certainly stay here again, when visiting this area. Its like we not only found a beautiful inn, but in just one day, it felt like we made new friends as well.

Room tip: All rooms were charming. You can't go wrong.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We loved our stay at Black Duck! The host couple, Will and Rachel, were most friendly and sweet. They kindly introduced the fascinating history of the house and the town. The house was full of artworks (some of them were Will's own work) and stories. We brought with us our one-year-old daughter and she LOVED the beautiflul house and the host's friendly dog and cat. We lived at Suit B, Admiral 's Suite. It is elegantly decorated, clean. The restroom is spacious. The breakfast was healthy, delicious, and made like artworks. We will surely return again.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2018

My wife and I had an absolutely wonderful visit to the Black Duck Inn. We were visiting the area for a wedding and stayed for one night. The inn is located at a small, beautiful, and peaceful harbor. The innkeepers - Will and Rachel - are warm and welcoming. Will greeted us when we pulled up and helped us with our bags. Then Will and Rachel gave us tour of the inn before showing us to our room which, like the rest of the inn, was clean, cozy and comfortable. Will and Rachel served a delicious breakfast, which we enjoyed with two other couples who were staying there. We were having so much fun that three hours passed before we knew it! The Black Duck Inn is clearly a labor of love for Will and Rachel. We highly recommend it.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank John S
William M, Managing Director - Mrs JC Farley Foundation, Inc at Corea Harbor's Black Duck Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Hi John,

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you both! We had an absolute pleasure chatting with you after breakfast. Your kind words mean all the world to us.

Please keep in touch!

Thanks, again,

Will & Rae

Reviewed July 19, 2018

I had a great time at the Black Duck Inn. Both Will and Rachel were nice and accommodating. Unlike a typical hotel where you are normally treated as a number, the innkeepers at this good old fashioned bread and breakfast, made me feel well at home. They are very friendly and went out of their way to make me feel like family. Breakfast is included with very healthy options. They also took the time to explain all the nearby attractions. I left at 02:30 am and Will and Rae were nice enough to make me breakfast for the road. That was super nice and much appreciated. I recommend staying here.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank paul b
Reviewed August 11, 2017

We have stayed at The Black Duck Inn several times over the past twenty-five years. Will and Rae, the newest innkeepers, have created a wonderful world filled with lovely accommodations, delicious breakfasts, interesting hiking trails, and charm. The area, near Acadia National Park and Corea Heath National Wildlife Refuge, is replete with sights and sounds easily viewed from the many trails found in the area. As for the harbor, lobster boats bob at their moorings when not coming and going as they participate in the active life of this remote fishing village. You can watch the boats unload at the Corea Co-op and feast on fresh catches at the Wharf Galley and Grill.

The Black Duck Inn offers four suites, all with private bath. We have stayed in all of them. Each has a different ambiance, from the Victorian elegance of the Skipper's Suite to the more casual fun in the Mate's Cabin. Each morning guests are greeted with delicious breakfasts and friendly, warm hospitality.

Try the Black Duck, you will return again and again.

Room tip: The Skipper's Suite is perfect for couples, the Admiral's Suite is great for families, as is the Mate's Cabin.
Date of stay: August 2017