Riverside Inn
US$89
US$223
Red Barn Motel(Milbridge)
US$100
All reviewsbald eaglesthe riverb and bwonderful bed and breakfastthe main housewalking pathfrench toastcampobello islandcookiesrockynestcynthiabedroommainedinersantiqueshostess
Reviewed March 26, 2015

In the summer of 2014 I had family come to visit, many of my friends had said the Riverside Inn and Restaurant was a nice place and the food was great so I suggested my family stay there. When I went to meet them I was pulling into the parking area when I was met by Rocky the owner who said I could not park there because they were too busy and the parking area was reserved for guests. Rocky instructed me to park on road (busy route 1), after parking I met with my family on the terries for cocktails. Though the bartender and server were very nice they were extremely disorganized. People who were walking in weren't even being greeted and after waiting for almost a half hour to get a bottle of wine I had to get the bartenders attention and stated we had reservations for dinner and needed to go. We sat down for dinner and the same disorganization continued in the dinning room. The room was nice (lighting a little dark) after waitress took our order and brought a basket of home made bread which was good. However after 45 minutes and no food and no one checking on us I called over waitress and asked if we could have some more bread in which she responded (very rudely) there is still a piece in the basket and walked away. So after stewing for a few minutes I had to get up and go ask another waitress in the kitchen for more bread. The food finally came after over an hour of waiting, the beef entrée and fish entrées we had ordered were good but very expensive for what we had gotten and the wait time was ridicules. I am a chef by trade and it dose not take over an hour to cook a med/rare piece of beef or cook a piece of fish. Not to mention the food arrived at the table cold but at that point I was afraid if I had sent it back I would have been sitting there till breakfast. The B & B has potential and the staff may have been having an off night but I was far from impressed, and would not suggest staying or eating there.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2014

A colleague and I stayed at the Inn as we were in town on business. We were given two rooms in the detached building next to the Inn. Both were very comfortable. We had everything we needed. We both appreciated being able to come to a cozy inn after a day of traveling.

The Wifi was easy to connect to which was important to me as I had work to complete.

The next morning breakfast was waiting for us at the time we scheduled the night before. Breakfast was delicious, healthy and relaxing. We saw an eagle fly along the river behind the Inn while we sat enjoying our breakfast! The Innkeepers were very welcoming and pleasant to talk to. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2014 via mobile

On our way to spend time in Eastport and Campobello Island, stayed one night here. Owner was nice and took our breakfast order. Our room was in a cottage overlooking the river...Beautiful views. Decor was tired, but beds were comfortable. The shower needed an overhaul...quite a squeeze and uncomfortable and difficult to control water temperature. It was a bit difficult getting in and out of the driveway as it is located directly on the main road...literally. Overnight was pleasant, but the breakfast was not. Greasy bacon, burnt toast, lukewarm eggs, and barely warm tea. We didn't really eat...stopped further up the road and had a full breakfast elsewhere. Overall, not a bad place to stay, but just that...Although the views of the river really add to the ambiance of the whole experience.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2014

I took my wife as a birthday present. We spent two nights in the lower coach as there is an additional bedroom our three year old daughter could set up camp in.
We dined two nights. Beef Wellington for both the first night and spaghetti for our daughter.
The second night fillet and a ribeye, our daughter dined on a grilled cheese and steamed broccoli.
This is a great place to stay if you are into nature and beautiful coastlines.
Ellie, Rocky and Gigi create a warm welcoming space. Cozy.
This is not a hotel, it is a B&B, a fine example of one!

• Stayed: October 2014
Reviewed October 6, 2014

We stayed one night at the Riverside Inn. The owners, Rocky and Ellen, were welcoming and spent a lengthy time conversing with us on the outside patio behind the Inn, on the river. We saw 2 bald eagles flying up and down the tidal river as we drank a bottle of wine that we had brought from Canada. Nice beginning.

Upon checking in we were immediately upgraded to the suite-like room on the 2nd floor of the adjacent building to the Inn. That was nice since the room had a balcony overlooking the river. The bedroom was a bit odd in that the roof line created a sloping wall against the edge of the bed. With 2 people in the bed, great care was needed to exit the bed in the middle of the night. Not a huge deal, but a bit awkward for the person against the wall.

We had a wonderful dinner at the restaurant. We ordered a halibut entree and a salmon entrée.
Both were delicious, as was the accompanying salad. Rocky is a trained chef and came out of the kitchen after dinner to talk to the guests at each table. It was a Friday night and the dining room was full, though fairly small. Breakfast was included in the room rate. It included stuffed French toast and maple bacon. We enjoyed the breakfast, too.

We never saw any rooms in the main Inn

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple