All reviews the river b and b wonderful bed and breakfast walking path french toast campobello island rocky nest maine cynthia miles office
Reviewed June 16, 2015

We traveled from Montreal to Machias to take a birding cruise in Cutler. The owners where very nice and pointed all the sites that could interest us, even providing us with maps. Breakfast was delicious.
Beds very confortable. View on the river is very nice. We realy enjoyed our two nights stay.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2015

In the summer of 2014 I had family come to visit, many of my friends had said the Riverside Inn and Restaurant was a nice place and the food was great so I suggested my family stay there. When I went to meet them I was pulling into the parking area when I was met by Rocky the owner who said I could not park there because they were too busy and the parking area was reserved for guests. Rocky instructed me to park on road (busy route 1), after parking I met with my family on the terries for cocktails. Though the bartender and server were very nice they were extremely disorganized. People who were walking in weren't even being greeted and after waiting for almost a half hour to get a bottle of wine I had to get the bartenders attention and stated we had reservations for dinner and needed to go. We sat down for dinner and the same disorganization continued in the dinning room. The room was nice (lighting a little dark) after waitress took our order and brought a basket of home made bread which was good. However after 45 minutes and no food and no one checking on us I called over waitress and asked if we could have some more bread in which she responded (very rudely) there is still a piece in the basket and walked away. So after stewing for a few minutes I had to get up and go ask another waitress in the kitchen for more bread. The food finally came after over an hour of waiting, the beef entrée and fish entrées we had ordered were good but very expensive for what we had gotten and the wait time was ridicules. I am a chef by trade and it dose not take over an hour to cook a med/rare piece of beef or cook a piece of fish. Not to mention the food arrived at the table cold but at that point I was afraid if I had sent it back I would have been sitting there till breakfast. The B & B has potential and the staff may have been having an off night but I was far from impressed, and would not suggest staying or eating there.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2014

A colleague and I stayed at the Inn as we were in town on business. We were given two rooms in the detached building next to the Inn. Both were very comfortable. We had everything we needed. We both appreciated being able to come to a cozy inn after a day of traveling.

The Wifi was easy to connect to which was important to me as I had work to complete.

The next morning breakfast was waiting for us at the time we scheduled the night before. Breakfast was delicious, healthy and relaxing. We saw an eagle fly along the river behind the Inn while we sat enjoying our breakfast! The Innkeepers were very welcoming and pleasant to talk to. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2014 via mobile

On our way to spend time in Eastport and Campobello Island, stayed one night here. Owner was nice and took our breakfast order. Our room was in a cottage overlooking the river...Beautiful views. Decor was tired, but beds were comfortable. The shower needed an overhaul...quite a squeeze and uncomfortable and difficult to control water temperature. It was a bit difficult getting in and out of the driveway as it is located directly on the main road...literally. Overnight was pleasant, but the breakfast was not. Greasy bacon, burnt toast, lukewarm eggs, and barely warm tea. We didn't really eat...stopped further up the road and had a full breakfast elsewhere. Overall, not a bad place to stay, but just that...Although the views of the river really add to the ambiance of the whole experience.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2014

I took my wife as a birthday present. We spent two nights in the lower coach as there is an additional bedroom our three year old daughter could set up camp in.
We dined two nights. Beef Wellington for both the first night and spaghetti for our daughter.
The second night fillet and a ribeye, our daughter dined on a grilled cheese and steamed broccoli.
This is a great place to stay if you are into nature and beautiful coastlines.
Ellie, Rocky and Gigi create a warm welcoming space. Cozy.
This is not a hotel, it is a B&B, a fine example of one!

• Stayed: October 2014