All reviewsthe riverb and bwonderful bed and breakfastwalking pathfrench toastcampobello islandrockynestmainecynthiamilesoffice
Reviewed July 16, 2015 via mobile

From the moment we arrived at the inn, we felt very welcome. The owners were more than happy to spend extra time helping us map out activities and sites to visit. She even wrote us out directions and suggested routes. We stayed in the upper coach room which was nice and quite, with fantastic view of the river. Rocky prepared an outstanding breakfast. We started off with fresh fruit plate, and I had omelet with sausage while my husband had blueberry pancakes with bacon. The inn is so charming and we would recommend it to anyone traveling to the area!

Stayed: July 2015
ellen m, Owner at Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2015

I'm glad you were comfortable and enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your comments.
ellen and rocky

Reviewed July 8, 2015

Lovely bed & breakfast located right on the river. Our room was beautifully decorated. The owners are friendly and made sure our stay was pleasant and relaxing. Breakfast was delicious! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2015

We stayed two nights in the upper suite in the detached building adjacent to the Inn. The weather was rather rainy but the warm welcome and wonderful breakfasts made it a delightful stay. Rocky and Ellen, the Inn Keepers, both attended culinary training and the breakfasts were a testimony to their cooking skills. Rocky cooked our breakfast on the first day and Ellen prepared it on the second day and both breakfasts were extremely good. The omelets were the best we have ever had and the Maine blueberry stuffed French toast was extremely good. When we arrived for our breakfasts, we were greeted by Ellen and our table had a fresh mixed fruit plate waiting for us. The service was superb and very personable. On our last morning, we opted for a later breakfast (you are offered a time window the night before for breakfast along with a choice from their menu so they can have your table waiting for you when you arrive) and we enjoyed an extended conversation with Ellen.
The upper suite had a balcony which looked over the river which would be a great place to relax and view the eagles as they fly by (we saw several eagles flying down the river and roosting in the trees on the opposite side). The suite included a small dining area, a living area with a small kitchenette, a bedroom, and a good sized bathroom (with a shower tub). While somewhat dated, the suite was very clean and inviting.
Ellen and Rocky were very gracious hosts offering information about the local area and even providing us with a Maine atlas for our day journey to Campobello Island. We would definitely stay at the Riverside Inn again!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
ellen m, Owner at Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2015

Thank you for your review of the Riverside Inn. We try very hard to make everyone's stay comfortable and relaxing. It was nice chatting with you after breakfast. Thanks again for your kind words....Safe travels...ellen and rocky

Reviewed June 16, 2015

We traveled from Montreal to Machias to take a birding cruise in Cutler. The owners where very nice and pointed all the sites that could interest us, even providing us with maps. Breakfast was delicious.
Beds very confortable. View on the river is very nice. We realy enjoyed our two nights stay.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2015

In the summer of 2014 I had family come to visit, many of my friends had said the Riverside Inn and Restaurant was a nice place and the food was great so I suggested my family stay there. When I went to meet them I was pulling into the parking area when I was met by Rocky the owner who said I could not park there because they were too busy and the parking area was reserved for guests. Rocky instructed me to park on road (busy route 1), after parking I met with my family on the terries for cocktails. Though the bartender and server were very nice they were extremely disorganized. People who were walking in weren't even being greeted and after waiting for almost a half hour to get a bottle of wine I had to get the bartenders attention and stated we had reservations for dinner and needed to go. We sat down for dinner and the same disorganization continued in the dinning room. The room was nice (lighting a little dark) after waitress took our order and brought a basket of home made bread which was good. However after 45 minutes and no food and no one checking on us I called over waitress and asked if we could have some more bread in which she responded (very rudely) there is still a piece in the basket and walked away. So after stewing for a few minutes I had to get up and go ask another waitress in the kitchen for more bread. The food finally came after over an hour of waiting, the beef entrée and fish entrées we had ordered were good but very expensive for what we had gotten and the wait time was ridicules. I am a chef by trade and it dose not take over an hour to cook a med/rare piece of beef or cook a piece of fish. Not to mention the food arrived at the table cold but at that point I was afraid if I had sent it back I would have been sitting there till breakfast. The B & B has potential and the staff may have been having an off night but I was far from impressed, and would not suggest staying or eating there.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family