Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 13, 2015

Stayed at this lovely campground at site 15B great tent site, plenty of room to move around on, tucked back in with some privacy, quiet, laid back, family friendly place, nice beach for the kiddo to swim, and the parents to kick back and take in the nice weather. Defiantly will be returning to this spot for some more R&R.. Thanks Branch Lake Campground for having me any my family!

Room tip: very quiet place, great spots, water activities feet away
Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed March 18, 2015

Looking for a campground that is family friendly and not just a big party? Then this is your campground. We have been going to this camp ground for years and my family loves it. It is clean, well maintained, and the lake swimming is one of the best in the state. The staff is not angry, as some have mentioned, but they do not tolerate bad behavior. I, for one, like that. I know that my kids can have a great outdoor experience swimming, catching frogs & turtles, and getting penny candy at the store...and we adults get the much needed peace and quiet after a busy week in the city. Acadia National Park is only half an hour drive from the campground and the City of Ellsworth is only 15 minutes away for any needs you might have. There are plenty of overnight sites, but you have to call early to get one of them. I highly recommend it!

Room tip: Call early to book! They fill up fast because they are a great campground.
Date of stay: July 2014
2  Thank Sue M
Reviewed November 11, 2014

We have stayed a few times and will come back for more. We set up a tent and have plenty of room for our kids. Everyone including staff, owners and residents are amazing. Great playground for the kids tons of room on the campsite we use. Its a hike to the restroom but I'm ecstatic they have one with showers! I'm happy to pay for being able to shower and use a real restroom that's clean. If you join the Facebook page they have tons of special events for everyone. Every time we stay it reminds me of my time spent with my family in Illinois as a child. Couldn't be happier! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

Date of stay: June 2014
Reviewed October 10, 2014

This is more for seasonal campground Branch Lake is a beautiful lake but few sites have a water view. Cost extra for showers. Very limited activities. Boat Launch is in the same place kids swim. Limited store supplies. Staff seems angry..

Date of stay: August 2014
2  Thank jft619
Branchlakecamping, Owner at Branch Lake Camping Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2014

Our campground has a good mix of seasonal and day to day sites. We are frequented by repeat local business which may give an impression of being all seasonal. While all sites may not be right on the water, over 10 sites have water view. The showers cost is a quarter for 7 minutes of hot water. Our bathrooms are checked frequently and keep clean. Our store contains many essential items ie. Toothpaste, soap, ice, drinks, camping supplies, milk, candy etc. We are sorry that staff seems angry or unhelpful. This will be addressed for next season.

Reviewed September 7, 2014

This is a seasonal campground in that only about 6 of the sites are available for overnight camping. While the campground is located on Branch Lake, few sites have a water view. Canoes and kayaks are offered for rent. The showers are pay showers. Running an AC is $5 extra. Get the picture? The volunteer staff are friendly and helpful. There is a 2 dog maximum. Our stay was $43 per day w/o AC. If your looking for a seasonal campground, this could be for you.

Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank EdwardE1959

We have 50 sites available with about half rented as seasonal sites. We have many repeat customers that rent for multiple weeks or month that limits day to day availability in peak season. We do ask for an additional fee for A/C use. We decided to do this rather than build it into our daily fee as other parks do. The shower cost is a quarter for over 7 minutes of hot water.