“Pricey, breakfast was poor, rooms clean and nice though...”
Review of Ramada Ellsworth

Ramada Ellsworth
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Ellsworth
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We stayed at the Ramada Inn, Ellsworth ME in August because we were passing through Maine to Canada. We have stayed in this hotel before and were pleased at the rates, however they raised them significantly and now for what we get they are borderline overpriced. The breakfast was poor. The only hot thing was pancakes which were thick and seemed on the underdone side. There was also some kind of hash but that looked pretty gross so I didn't try it. The rooms were clean, however there was some kind of liquid stain on the frill of the bottom of the beds. The pool was very crowded but was still enjoyable. The hot tub was amazing! It had air beds inside so you can lay down while getting a jet massage. Very nice. Check in and out was easy and fast. Would probably stay here again.

Reviewed 31 August 2011

I was visiting Bar Harbor and had read lots of reviews for hotels. I was a little skeptical on staying here, but it was worth it. From the moment we checked until the moment we checked out, we had an excellent experience. The location wasn't the best for visiting Bar Harbor (its about a 20-25 minute drive), but there are plenty of places around to eat and shop in Ellsworth. Overall, a great value.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Mattress's were extremely comfortable. Very convenient location for Acadia National Park. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed 16 August 2011

This hotel is newish, the beds are very comfortable, and the decor is nice. There was a microwave and fridge in our room with two queen beds. The place was very clean. A basic breakfast was provided. I only have two complaints. One, it was a little further from Bar Harbor and Acadia than I wanted to stay (although I did wait until the night before my visit, in high season, to book, so that's what I get I guess). It is really convenient to the LL Bean outlet, though. Two, it is a two story building and there is no elevator. Call me lazy, but I did not like having to haul my suitcase and large cooler up and down the steps.

Overall, a good experience for the three nights I stayed.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We (4 + dog) recently made a trip to Acadia National Park and stayed here based on the TA reviews. Although the rooms have been updated the hotel itself needs a makeover. Outdated wallpaper in the hallways and hallway rugs need to be cleaned. We weren't in the hotel much since we spent most of our day in Acadia so I didn't let that bother me. The hotel is about 15 minutes away from Acadia and Bar Harbor. The kids loved the indoor tennis courts. We spent our evenings playing games at the tennis court and pool area. The one con I do have was when I turned on the AC unit to the room - it smelled like mold. So I had to spray Lysol spray just to get that stench out. The smell went away after awhile. Also, they could use a little landscaping around the property. It just looks dirty. All in all, the hotel was decent. I just want a clean room to put my head down at night and I was happy with that.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

My wife and grandson stayed a week at the Ramada. We had always stayed there previously when it was a Holiday Inn. Ramada made a wonderful upgrade to the overall Inn. The rooms were clean and the beds were very, very comfortable for sleeping. We like this Inn because of the pool, sauna, hot tub and fitness room. All of these were also upgraded by Ramada.
In the restaurant the first night we ate there, mosquitos were buzzing around. My medium prime rib turned pout to be very, very rare and tough. The other two meals were fine. At breakfast the next morning, my grandson found a mosquito in his omelette and was unable to finish eating even when offered a replacement. We did not eat in the reataurant again during our stay. (The mosquito issue was addressed the next day)
Our room was not cleaned one and the night staff had to be called to change the linens and towels, etc.
Management did respond at the end of our stay and was very amenable to making an adjustment for us that was mutually agreeable.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2011

For the money, the Ramada Ellsworth is a pretty good deal. The place was very clean, with updated lobby, bedrooms and bathrooms. While not fancy or "upscale" in any way, this establishment provides good quality accommodations at a reasonable price. As a bonus, there is a pool and a nice set of indoor tennis courts. Location wise, it is very easy to get to Acadia National Park, though it is a good 15 or so miles down route 3.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellsworth
0.5 km away
0.8 km away
Eagle's Lodge Motel
Eagle's Lodge Motel
#4 of 10 in Ellsworth

Been to Ramada Ellsworth? Share your experiences!