Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$108
SAVE US$12
Priceline
Agoda.comUS$120
Expedia.comUS$108
eDreamsUS$120
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 8, 2019 via mobile

We have stayed on this hotel multiple times. I wanted it to work out and kept trying to convince myself it was ok. We have had trouble on each stay with no housekeeping on the first day. Each stay we have received only two towels each day, despite repeated requests for an extra towel for our son. This year has been muddy and during an early summer visit, we tracked mud into our room. After check out I received a call from housekeeping asking what was on the floor (they said they needed to know so they could clean it). We returned the call the same day and left a message, explaining that it was dirt/mud and apologized. We did not hear back. When we arrived for our next stay a month later, an extra $100 was added to our bill. They had pictures of the muddy floor and also claimed a bedspread was ruined. This was never discussed prior to our arrival and we were not aware there was a problem or that we would be charged. During the previous stay, it was unclear whether the floor was cleaned daily or why they didn’t mention it while we were there. Given the number of construction vehicles and the amount of dirt in the parking lot, I’m sure we are not the only guests with muddy feet. There is a common scam in some countries where the front desk will demand money for a soiled pillowcase, and will not allow the guest to check out unless it is paid. This situation felt like a variation of this scam. They charged us the extra fee plus our entire stay without discussing it with us or giving us notices. It made us feel both embarrassed and uncomfortable and also like we’d been taken advantage of...

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank wvmewi
colonial m, Manager at Colonial Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2019

Good Afternoon,

I am very sorry that you feel that you were scammed. We would never do that to any of our guests! When the damage occurred to the room ( the comforter and the carpet) the manager of the motel spoke to the renter directly. It was explained about the charges and he understood. We had tried to reach you several times and did not receive a message of any kind. Therefore the cleaning fee was added to your next reservation that was coming up in the next 7 days. We always try to clean stains or damages of any kind before we charge a guest. While we are sure some of our guests enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, we are familiar with mud which does not stain carpeting red. It was made clear verbally upon check-in that any damages to the room or its contents would be the sole responsibility of the guest staying in the room.
We feel that this was a valid charge and was not a scam by any means. As far as the maid service, if we had been made aware, we could have taken care of the issue immediately. We want all of our guests to have a pleasant stay.
If you have any further concerns, please feel free to give us a call.

Reviewed November 26, 2018

From the time I checked in this motel was beyond helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable and clean. Everything was in it's place and when I called for extra towels they were more than happy to bring them. AJ, the clerk who was there even had doggy treats for my dog. Love love them and will come back every time I'm in the area.

Room tip: Rooms closer to the restaurant allow you to drink and walk back to the room!
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
MountBlueMotel, Manager at Colonial Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2018

Thank you so much for your review. We try very hard to ensure that our guests are comfortable. I will pass on to the housekeeping staff your compliment about the cleanliness of your room. A.J. always has treats on him for our furry friends. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 24, 2018

We chose to forfeit our money and go elsewhere. This place is a dump!
The king size we reserved was not available because the roof was leaking. We agreed to a different room where we literally had to park in the mud. The room was dirty and smelly. There were no bedspreads. Total yuck.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MountBlueMotel, Manager at Colonial Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2018

I am sorry that you feel that way about our motel. We did not have a roof leak. The water main in our driveway burst and we were fixing it upon your arrival. Unfortunately the paving company will not come to repair the black top in the driveway until the main break has been securely repaired. We moved you to a newly renovated room with two queen size beds as the water in the reserved King was off due to the break. We do have bedspreads available upon request. They are usually put on when the cooler months approach. I wish that you had come to the office to speak with me after your pop in of the room. I would have been more than happy to relocate you to either our sister motel or upgrade you to the available suite. I hope in the future that you would give us another chance. We pride ourselves in making sure that all our guests are happy with their stay.

Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

We booked this Motel for our trip sightseeing, The room was amazing and way bigger than we expected. Super clean and has Fridge/Microwave and a Keurig machine, which my Husband loved! Very quiet even though it is just off the road. We absolutely love the Staff here, always friendly and eager to help us with anything. We will definitely stay here again when passing through, and recommend Colonial Valley Hotel to everyone..... Thanks again, for an amazing 3 nights.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

My job takes me to all corners of New England. Most of the time I will pass on the independent properties. I sometimes feel there is more consistency with the bigger chains. The colonial Valley Motel was a refreshing surprise. I was greeted by a super friendly staff and was given a clean fresh remodeled room. The outside is a work in progress but don't let it fool you. The owners are working hard to improve this property

Date of stay: September 2017