“You get that wonderful BBQ smell when you walk in the door!”

GrantLee's Tavern & Grill
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Farmington
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Were doing take-out for now and we have our deck open. Mid July we'll be looking at the inside opening what we can, keep looking at our Facebook page to see updates.
Reviewed September 30, 2018

My friend and I found this restaurant on a visit to Maine from North Carolina.
This looks somewhat like a bikers joint from the outside, but when you walk in and smell the wonderful aromas, you know it’s going to be good! I had the ribs and BBQ beans and they were as good as I’ve had anywhere!
The service was good and the place was clean. A very informal atmosphere, it was a good place!

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a reviewReviews (48)

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Was just what we expected, just what we needed! My “older” parents, my youngest son (12) and us loved the food, service, and ambiance/setting!

All you could ask for from a BBQ restaurant. It’s two hours away from home, but we’ll find an excuse to go back!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 21, 2018

Food was very good,Service was pretty slow, but worth the stop if your not in a hurry. We would surely go again when in that area

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in with my husband for dinner. The restaurant ran out of the Chicken dinner, so I ordered the Shepards Pie. Took two bites and the grease just made it impossible to eat. Looked like grease stew. Tasted awful. Sent it back. Didn’t order anything for a replacement. When the bill came, we saw the full charge for the Shepherds Pie. My husband questioned the waitress and she said, “the Chef would only let her take off half the price of the Shepherds Pie.” I replied, but I didn’t eat it and the waitress said, sorry that’s all I can do. We’ve eaten at many bbq places over the years and this was the worst.
Poor quality food. Would never go back.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank TraceyE05
Reviewed July 21, 2018

I have been back many times since my first review, so obviously I enjoy it. That is the good news.

As I am writing this I realize I always get the same thing, the BBQ platter. It has ribs, pulled pork and brisket. What can i say? I can't get enough of it1

Grant Lees is in a log cabin, which I hesitate to add the word quaint, but it is definitely cozy, The waitstaff are friendly and efficient. There is a full bar but I went for a special draft; cast iron blank (Trip Advisor didn't let me say its full name). yes, I had it for the name but it was very good.

As I said above I don't vary my menu much so I have never tried the desserts. I venture to the other side of Farmington for that!

So if you are in this part of Maine or even cutting through to Canada, I highly recommend you stop by Grant Lee's!

Date of visit: July 2018