“Weird Theme, Great Food”

GrantLee's Tavern & Grill
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Farmington
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Were doing take-out for now and we have our deck open. Mid July we'll be looking at the inside opening what we can, keep looking at our Facebook page to see updates.
Reviewed April 30, 2019

The food here is genuine slow-smoked barbeque, and it's awesome. The super-tender, beef Brisket is my personal favorite, but the smoky pulled pork is a close second. They have several sauce varieties on the tables or available if you get take-out, and the prices are not too bad for the portion sizes that you get. One meal splits easily between two people, unless you are very hungry. The waitstaff are very sweet, with lots of local knowledge, and service is what you would expect in small-town Maine.
Now, the theme of the restaurant is just plain weird. It's a confederate vs. union/Civil War themed restaurant. Hence, the name Grant-Lee's Tavern. They used to have a confederate flag out front, which made people a little uncomfortable, myself included. I'll admit, I did not try it until they redecorated. The inside still has old photos from the Civil War, and looks like a log cabin. I think they were trying to go for the museum/historical look. It's a weird theme, and not to my taste, but the food sure is. My advice is to order the big sampler platter from take-out, bring it home to share, and enjoy it in your own dining room.

Date of visit: December 2018
Write a reviewReviews (48)

Reviewed December 4, 2018

Have not eaten here lately, but enjoyed the several times we have eaten there. Good food, pleasant place.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed October 24, 2018

Tasty BBQ in large portions. The wife loved the pulled pork and I enjoyed some ribs. This place doesn't look like much but the food id good and prices are reasonable.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2018

My friend and I found this restaurant on a visit to Maine from North Carolina.
This looks somewhat like a bikers joint from the outside, but when you walk in and smell the wonderful aromas, you know it’s going to be good! I had the ribs and BBQ beans and they were as good as I’ve had anywhere!
The service was good and the place was clean. A very informal atmosphere, it was a good place!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Was just what we expected, just what we needed! My “older” parents, my youngest son (12) and us loved the food, service, and ambiance/setting!

All you could ask for from a BBQ restaurant. It’s two hours away from home, but we’ll find an excuse to go back!!

Date of visit: September 2018