“Ehh ... not worth it”

Cuisines: Seafood
New York
“Ehh ... not worth it”
Reviewed 21 October 2010

The roll was not so appetizing but the "Pause for Claws" was not bad. It was claw meat on a bed of greens. Still cold but at least it wasn't sitting on mayo or Miracle Whip (ick) like the lobster roll that my husband ordered. I wouldn't return to Linda Bean's. It's a novelty thing - been there, done that and chalk it up to a lesson learned - lesson being, check Tripadvisor before going!!! :)

**(Went to the Camden, ME location)**

5 Thank schnauzermom05

austin, tx
“A Very Reluctant "1" rating!”
Reviewed 5 August 2010

As a born and bred Mainer, who grew up eating lobster every day (from our family run lobster pound in Trenton, Maine) this is the absolute poorest excuse for a true Maine lobster that I have every eaten. Please, Linda Bean, tell us why in the world would anyone put Miracle Whip and dill on the sweet , succulent meat of lobster? And why you don't appear to have any knowledge of how to cook lobster. Fortunately I had the good sense to omit the Miracle Whip (yuk!!), however, the dill was sprinkled over the meat. The roll was toasted, but cold; The meat was tough, tasteless and a very poor rendition of ONE of Maine's most treasured resources. Just carrying the name Bean and the accompanying financial, marketing and product exposure DOES NOT mean you are capable of replicating the true Maine Lobster Roll. Please stick to importing goods from Indonesia and leave the cooking of Lobster to the those who are dedicated to the art.

7 Thank whendoweleave
Belgrade, Maine
“For Tourists Only”
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Just because Linda Bean bought up coastal Maine businesses (and put people out of work) doesn't make her food any good. Her designer lobster roll was tasteless except for the mayo dressing, small serving, big price. I can name a couple dozen places in Maine where you get a better lobster roll at a better price. Linda Bean's designer lobster rolls are for tourists only.

7 Thank drednm
Orlando, Fl
“Great Lobster Pannini (Nice girl who made roll, rude woman taking order!)”
Reviewed 9 June 2010

We went to Linda Beans perfect lobster roll in Camden Maine, , thought the prices were a little steep and a very pushy and rude counter service clerk, who made googly eyes when we ordered a lobster pannini to share! , Had it not been for the awesome sweet younger girl who made our magnificent pannini we would have walked out! The Pannini was made perfect and she was nice enough to split it up between all ofus as well as the coleslaw and chips and made it very special, but for one small lobster roll, bag of chips and small coleslaw and small caeser salad for over 27.00 dollars seemed a little pricey! The sweet young girl who made our sandwiches was so kind and accomodating but the person who took our order was very rude and push!

Boston, MA
“Not so Perfect”
Reviewed 5 August 2009

This past weekend I was in Port Cyde Maine & tried 'Linda Bean's Perfect Lobster Roll' at the general store which she now owns. I have to say that I'm not that impressed. It seems that she's trying to hard to be different with it. It is made with a 'special sauce' that was put on the bottom of the hot dog roll which to me taseted like mayo & dried dill mixed in. Then the lobster meat was piled on top but not piled too high. The meat itself was good but I wasn't liking the mayo taste. I know the lobster meat is usually mixed with mayo but having it all sitting at the bottom of the bun was too much. The bun was buttered & grilled which was good. It was served with salt & vinager chips with sprinkled dill on them. I was with someone who didn't care for those chips so I think you should have a choice between that flavor or plain. Before she bought this store they made their own lobster rolls & to me they were perfect. It's too bad that it had to change!!
I would recommend the store/restaurant but maybe not the lobster roll.

1 Thank Nigelmason