Harraseeket Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$75
US$64
US$139
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
US$136
US$127
Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$109
US$62
US$59
Quality Suites(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$76
QualityInn
US$60
Casco Bay Inn(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$105
  • Free Internet
1,009 results
All reviewsafternoon teabroad arrow tavernmaine dining roomthe main dining roomturn down servicecarriage housedrawing roombreakfast buffetll beanprime ribfire pitlobsternew englandjacuzzi tubthe entire staffindoor pooloatmeal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I have a certain fondness for the Harraseeket Inn. It is about 2 hours from home and makes for a great quick weekend getaway. The past couple of stays my husband and I got a room with a fireplace. What a treat! The rooms are nicely appointed. Nothing too fancy. I love the smell of the place when you walk in. They have fires going in the lobby and common rooms. Such a treat on a cold winters day. The afternoon tea is excellent. Very relaxing. Dinner is the Maine dining room was exceptional. The server remembered us from our stay 3 years ago. They make you feel like family. The Harraseeket will always be one of my favorite places.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We loved our stay at the Harraseeket during the New Year's Weekend. Everything was fantastic--- the inn, the breakfast, the tavern, the afternoon tea, the Suite, and especially the service. Everyone at the inn was very accomodating. Thanks for a wonderful stay in Freeport.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2012

The answer in our opinion is a resounding yes!! We have been going there from our home on the outskirts of London England for the week after Thanksgiving for the last 14 years. Why? The Inn is one of the friendliest and most comfortable establishment of its type that we have encountered in our extensive travels. Plus the shopping in Freeport is great. The Maine dining room - their flagship restaurant is excellent and good value for money - which is why we have dinner there every night of our stay. Again the staff are attentive and very friendly - we get greeted like old friends when we first appear for breakfast or dinner.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
nadianichols, Owner at Harraseeket Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Thank you for such a wonderful review to start our New Year! We hope one day you get a chance to visit for Christmas. The town looks so beautiful and the sales right after the holidays are just amazing. Best wishes for 2012.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

The brunch I had here with my husband a few months ago will forever be one of the best dining experiences of my life. My in-laws recommended it very highly, but even so it surpassed all our expectations. The dining room is lovely and very upscale looking, I was concerned that the service might be a bit "stuffy", but I was so wrong. Super friendly attentive hostess and waitstaff as well as food station attendants. The offerings for this brunch were out of this world. For $25/person you get an all you can eat buffet featuring whole lobsters (split in half to make it easier to get at the meat), prime rib, chicken breasts, pork loin, super fancy egg dishes, french toast, pancakes, crepes, fruit and veggie platters, salads, soups, and to top it all off three tables worth of the most decadent desserts you can imagine. Everything I ate was fresh and delicious and obviously prepared with the utmost in care and culinary expertise. I plan to return in a few weeks to celebrate my mother's birthday. I recommend this brunch experience to everyone I talk to. You have to experience it for yourself.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank angeliza2002
nadianichols, Owner at Harraseeket Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2011

Thank you! We're thrilled with your review of our Lobster Sunday Brunch, which has been voted Best Brunch in Maine by DownEast Magazine for the past two years. Chef Elizabeth DeFranco is real treasure, and we're lucky to have her!

Reviewed 20 December 2011

Just had dinner at the Broad Arrow Tavern. Wonderful room but not so good food. the Clam Chowder was wonderful but the pizza had raw crust and not melted cheese. The buffalo burger tasted good but was about the size of a quarter on an oversized bun with an old tomatoe slice and wilted lettuce next to the undercooked limp fries. The service was excellent on a very busy night.

Room Tip: have a drink there and venture out to one of the many good food places nearby
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaveofYarmouth

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, Dave. I'm glad your service was excellent on a busy night but sorry you thought the buffalo burger was too small. We pre-portion seven ounces of buffalo for each burger. This usually produces a burger that's big enough to be a challenge for most of us to tackle, and size is very important with buffalo burgers because buffalo is a very lean (and healthy) meat and the burgers need to be BIG to remain juicy, especially when cooked on a wood-fired grill. Our apologies that this wasn't big enough for you. We hope you'll give us another try in the future!