My husband surprised me by taking me here this past Christmas weekend. I was 9 months pregnant, and really needed the getaway! This place is in a great location to walk to all of the shopping and restaurants downtown. It is a nice cross between an inn and a hotel: all the conveniences and amenities of a hotel, but the quaint feeling of an inn. We really enjoyed the continental breakfast each morning as well as tea time in the afternoon. Teatime took place by a fireplace in a large lounge area, where we got to talk to other guests at the hotel (mind you we were the youngest there, most of the guests were older couples). The heated indoor pool felt AWESOME, and we had a very nice jacuzzi tub in our room which I also found very relaxing. The "gym" is not worth your time, but if you're on vacation why bother go to the gym anyway.
Staff and service was overall very good. At night it is very quiet. We slept great every night. My only complaint was the bed was quite hard, but I still was able to sleep well on it. Its a personal preference.
I would recommend this hotel for a nice getaway. It is family friendly, close to all the attractions, and overall very well managed and maintained. Although I went in the wintertime, I can see how it would be a great place to visit in the summer too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inn in Freeport,Maine ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Harraseeket Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harraseeket Hotel Freeport
- Harraseeket Inn Freeport, Maine