This review is long overdue. We traveled to Freeport in late September mainly to shop at LL Bean and overnight. It was the final day of our trip and we wanted one step up from a typical B&B - Harraskeet was it.
The four minute walk to shopping was terrific, but the amenities offered made the stay. We'd eaten too much during the week to do a full meal at the formal Maine Dining Room, so we had appetizers and drank good wines in the atmospheric Broad Arrow Pub. It was an excellent choice.
We stayed in the King room with a fireplace and whirlpool. It was in the low 80's when we visited so we didn't make good use of either. But it would have been nice if we had. The room overall was very nice if not spectacular. The grounds are beautifully kept if not located in the most scenic part of Freeport (is there one?).
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
Inns are our favorite stays (over B&B's and upscale hotels) and the Haraskeet did not disappoint in any way. We highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inn in Freeport,Maine ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca and Booking.com so you can book your Harraseeket Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harraseeket Hotel Freeport
- Harraseeket Inn Freeport, Maine