All reviews front desk pancake maker cinnamon rolls room was clean nice hotel yogurt free breakfast road noise shower head ll bean the breakfast area would stay here again minute drive hot tub convenient location stayed one night nice breakfast
Reviewed March 27, 2016

This appears to be a well-run HIE. Probably the only negative things I can say is that I wish the heavy curtains in the rooms would close. The only draperies to cover the windows were shears, (not optimal on the first floor). The room was also a little short on easily accessible outlets. Otherwise the room was very nice.

We had a 2 queen suite which was quite roomy. The bathroom was modern and clean. A small sink and counter was appreciated along with a refrigerator.

Breakfast was decent and also very consistent with the HIE experience. The breakfast area was kept neat and clean.

Parking was adequate. I noticed a light clean scent in the hallways, which was very nice. Staff were always pleasant and helpful. I liked the location as it's a short distance outside of town. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2016 via mobile

The room common areas and pool were very clean. The staff was friendly and attentive and breakfast was great! Man I love those cinnamon rolls! No complaints whatsoever. Conveniently right next to a major shopping center and the best bbq restaurant I've ever been to is on the same road!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2016

The hotel was very clean and the staff was wonderful. Located close to shopping and restaurants. The breakfast area was the nicest I've seen. My grandchildren really enjoyed the pool. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2016

The hotel appearance is very good and clean. The hot breakfast was very good. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Parking was plentiful. Spa and pool area was very nice however, there could be some more seating (table/chairs). WIFI was fast and strong. Desk clerks were very helpful. We would definitely return!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2016

In June 2015, I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for four nights while visiting my girlfriend's family. Initially, the decision to stay away from the family was viewed in a negative light. However, this hotel ended up being one of the high points of the vacation ... and not just because it was away from the family.

In 2015, I joined IHG's rewards club and started my love affair with Hotel Indigo in Anaheim. When presented with the opportunity to travel to the Freeport area I looked for hotels and found that this was the closest IHG hotel in the area. I was reluctant to book it at first as it wasn't on the main drag with L.L. Bean or within walking distance. However, being away from the action ended up becoming a positive.

When we checked into the hotel, we were automatically upgraded rooms based on my status as an IHG card member (at that time, not even gold). We were upgraded to a suite on the top floor with a fridge. The room was spacious, and clean. Moreover, the air conditioning was quiet and worked.

Internet access was free and quick. The breakfast was Holiday Inn Express' standard fare, a few danishes, breakfast cereals, fruit, pancakes, eggs of some sort, etc. It was good but nothing special. The highlight of breakfast is that the room where breakfast is housed is large and I didn't feel like I was sitting on a stranger's lap.

Parking was ample and I was able to park on the side of the hotel right by one of the exits.

You probably could walk to some of the more popular attractions in Freeport, if you're up to it, but it's really more convenient to just drive into the town and walk around.

I can't comment on the exercise room and/or whether or not there's a pool, as I didn't have the opportunity to utilize them on this trip.

I didn't spend much time in the room, but the time I spent was comfortable and without complaints.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor, away from the interstate
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple