Review Highlights
Great day - highly recommend

Our guide, Jason, was very personable and knowledgeable. We drove about 30 minutes from the store... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Stacey H
Cleveland, Ohio
Moose Tour with Tim highly recommended!

We went on a moose tour with a guide named Tim Mccluskey. We saw 2 moose, one while driving in the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Tyzmom
via mobile

All reviews canoe trip moose tour guide tim moosehead lake ice fishing great coffee private tour within feet moose watching take pictures great trip young bull beautiful pond visiting maine early morning wild animals outdoor activities
Selected filters
Reviewed February 18, 2021

Opportunity to see parts of Maine I have never seen thanks to being able to rent snowmobiles from Northwoods Outfitters. Every thing lined up perfectly, sleds, weather and family! Thank you Mike and Pat! We'll be back! Jenn

Date of experience: February 2021
Reviewed November 7, 2020

While visiting Maine I HAD to see my first moose. I couldn’t find anyone still offering tours this time of year until I came across Northwoods Outfitters. Mike was super accommodating and made it so easy to book over the phone. After a two and a half hour drive from Camden, my boyfriend and I met Tim, our moose guide at 6am! We immediately hit the road & he was stoked we’d potentially see our first moose with him. Giving moose tours is Tim’s passion and it clearly showed. We came across our first moose quite early in our search, and I was speechless. They are the most majestic, beautiful animals. We beat the odds seeing even just one because we found that mating season and hunting season just ended and they’re usually buried in the woods. But we weren’t going home empty handed and we knew that early on in our expedition. Tim will never guarantee a moose siting (though that is rare), but he will work his butt off for his clients to find you as many as he can. He knows the ins and out of Moosehead Lake like the back of his hand. After hours of searching, the first siting was ultimately our last. But we’ll take 1 over none any day. We saw our first moose!!! You can’t control Mother Nature, and they were feeling shy on our chilly morning. Needless to say, we cannot wait to come back in the summer to potentially see some more. Thanks, Tim!!!

Date of experience: November 2020
2  Thank sillylilyw08
Reviewed October 30, 2020

Great day out with our guide Steve. I got to cross "see moose" off my bucket list 7 times last weekend! Steve knew what he was doing and provided a lot of interesting information about moose. Great experience!

1  Thank brustleen1
Reviewed October 12, 2020 via mobile

Second time going on a guided moose Tour!! Highly recommend!! I have several friends that recommended NWO and more specifically, Guide Tim McCluskey! Tim is highly knowledgeable, outgoing and friendly! I go to take pictures. Tim will get you as close as he safely can and get you in the right light when possible! Go! Do it! You’ll love it!

1  Thank trish03289
Reviewed October 8, 2020

We took the afternoon land moose tour with Tim McCluskey on Oct.4. We saw SIX moose!! Tim has a keen eye to spot moose, and is very knowledgeable and entertaining. I would LOVE to do a water tour next summer! Thanks, Tim!

1  Thank dkb527