Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews minute drive moosehead lake bob hike pond cabin hosts beauty relaxation
Selected filters
Reviewed October 3, 2020

Having a beautiful cabin on the water is wonderful- having hosts that are as wonderful is even better. Having trouble with the motor on the rented boat- no problem- Ronda will jump in the water to help. Bob and Ronda are perfect hosts and the cabin and surrounding areas are a testament to that. The cabin was scrubbed clean and cute as a button. Hoping it will be a yearly trip.

Date of stay: September 2020
Ronda Dalton, Owner at Wilson Pond Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2020

Barb, thank you for your kind words! You guys were an absolute joy to meet and I don't think we have laughed so much in a long time!! We can't wait for you to come back and visit again! I think I will get a scuba suit for next time!!

Reviewed August 23, 2020

I don’t usually do these, so I’ll try to be as cut and dry as possible. My mother rented cabins for her 3 children and their families. Was told pet friendly cabins were available, as my daughter has a therapy dog. When we arrived to check in, there was no one at the office so we had called. The owners were out on theIr boat and gave us the names of the cabins we’d be staying in. All our family’s chose the cabins we wanted and started unloading. After an hour or so the owner, Rhonda finally welcomed us with drink in hand. Told us that the cabin we chose with our dog was not a pet friendly cabin, we immediately offered to switch and was informed it was her fault and she will just have to deep clean, it’s no problem. Then a day later advised my husband who was not present for the conversation it was going to be 100$ up charge. So not only did we get charged for having the dog in the wrong cabin [because she was out enjoying the day on the boat rather than working and welcoming us at check in to inform us where to go] we were also charged a canine fee for the cabin the dog was supposed to be in - and wasn’t. We had rented a boat for 1 1/2 days. At check out, Rhonda informed my mother [whom was not involved in the boat rentals] that she charged my husband and my card 180$ for 2 days of boat rentals. I approached Rhonda while she was talking with her friends, and advised we had only rented the boat for 1 1/2 days. After much attitude, I was advised that she will have to “reimburse me once she gets back to the office, that she did not have time now” while conversing with her friends. I have since emailed the facility x2 and have yet to hear about the status of the boat reimbursement. We were frequently spoken too about our dog barking, when there where other dogs present barking as well. We were also advised that because of their mistake, we would need 1 person in the cabin with the dog at all times. The cabins are very beautiful, the lake is nice - they owners are 6 months into a new business and do not know how to run one. I would recommend if you vacation at this spot to please try to get every transaction in writing because they make promises they cannot keep and take you for a ride financially.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Ronda Dalton, Owner at Wilson Pond Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2020

Kathleen, thank you for your feedback. We are always looking at ways to improve our guest experience. I indeed did forget to process the refund for half day boat rental. For that reason, I had processed a full days rental refund. The check in process has been a challenge this year with COVID-19. We are trying to balance everyone's safety with our guests needs. We try to manage check ins as hands off as possible for that reason, and stop to meet our guests once they are settled in. We apologize if that was not satisfactory for you. As far as pet friendly cabins, that was discussed with the individual who made the reservation before the reservation was made, and it was on the reservation itself which cabin was pet friendly, but because you had settled into a cabin, I agreed to let the dog stay in the cabin because of the therapy dog situation. Your husband was present and offered and agreed to pay the cleaning fee so you didn't have to change cabins. It was you that was not present during that conversation. The cleaning fee would have been charged even if he had been in the correct cabin. He shed quite significantly, and was difficult to get all the hair removed from the cabin. The canine fee was left on the reservation for the cabin he was supposed to be in, but not added to the cabin he stayed in. The nightly fee was still an appropriate fee, we just did not change the cabin it was assessed to because the reservation was all paid by the same person. As far as being welcomed with a drink in my hand, yes indeed I did have a beverage in a cup, but it seems that you jumped to the conclusion that there was alcohol in the cup? That was not the case, but I struggle to understand what that has to do with anything. The pet policy states that no pet is to be left in the cabin at all, it had nothing to do with the dog being in the wrong cabin. You were asked once to try to keep the barking down because he was barking at everything and it could be heard all over the property and I was receiving complaints from other guests. If there was another dog barking, it is not anything we heard and no one spoke to us about it or we would have also asked that guest to try to keep the barking down.

We apologize that you feel the pet policies are not acceptable. They are in place for the comfort of all our guests,and have to be maintained to allow us to continue to offer pet friendly cabins. As far as the check in process, we will continue to work to find the right balance of safety and service.

Thank you again for your feedback, and enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed July 27, 2020 via mobile

We rented three cabins for our family members and had an absolutely wonderful time. The cabins are cozy, clean and exactly what we wanted. Having the kitchen stocked with dishes, utensils,etc was great. The lake is beautiful and warm for swimming, paddle boarding and kayaking.
Owners Rhonda and Bob are lovely, helpful and so friendly!
We will be booking again for next year.

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed July 25, 2020 via mobile

Just came home from Wilson’s Pond Cabins. Loved it!! Cabins are small but comfortable, the owners are wonderful and responsive. Wilsons Pond is the perfect size for kayaking and paddleboarding. Water is warm enough to comfortably swim in. (I stayed at Moosehead Lake previously and the water is freezing since the lake is so deep.) You can kayak to Upper Wilson’s Pond. The cabins are close enough to Greenville so you can easily go out to dinner or go watch the sunset over Moosehead Lake. Already booked next years stay!

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 560midgen
Reviewed July 22, 2019 via mobile

We just got back from Wilson Pond, it was a vacation for our family of 17. 9 adults amd 8 children. We really like this place,we stayed in Wilson and Moosehead Camps. The camps were clean and had everything in them that anyone would need, the beds were comfortable as well. The only recommendation that I would have is to bring a fan(s) if you can, granted we were there during a heat wave but the camps were warm for sleeping. The boat launch was an easy in and out the dock for the boat was nice as well. There was a large grassy area for the children to play and the beach area was grassy, the entrance into the water is rocky, but nothing that water shoes won't take care of. The water is clear enough to see to the bottom and shallow enough for the children to go out a ways with no worries. The water was also calm enough for our "littles" to be supervised in kayaks by themselves. The children also caught fish over by the dam which was exciting. We enjoyed the pond by swimming, fishing, boating, tubing, and kayaking. There are flower gardens on the grounds that are well kept and beautiful. We would also recommend bringing bug spray as it is buggy. Angie was a pleasure to work with, she really wants everything to be perfect when you arrive and is there for anything you may need. Angie also knows the area and that was helpful. The location is great as well, Greenville is just about 10 minutes away. Our family had a great time and will go back again, Wilson Pond is kid and pet friendly. Highly reccomended. Marty and Joanne Campbell, Lisbon, Maine

Date of stay: July 2019