Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews attention to detail moose safari moosehead lake third floor stone walls fresh flowers without being pretentious hill overlooking wonderful hosts amazing views of the lake visit maine wonderful visit spent two nights breakfast was delicious wonderful place get away ruth
Selected filters
Reviewed June 2, 2019

We found Blair Hill Inn somewhat randomly by looking for any Relais & Chateaux property in New England with last minute availability for Memorial Day weekend. It was "bud season" we soon learned. But the property is magnificent in its setting, the welcoming team of Ruth and Dan unmatched in their hospitality, the food up to R&C standards (though be aware the alternatives vary a bit by night and season), the house itself meticulously cared for and restored, and the area stunning in its rustic beauty. This now becomes the first of the many R&C properties we have visited in the U.S. and Europe at which we quickly booked a return visit!

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed March 18, 2019

First, Sorry for the late review. My head has been spinning since October.

This was our sixth year in a row. We never tire of this wonderful Inn and view of Moosehead Lake. As many others have said, this Inn is so elegant yet warm & cozy. It is very well kept. The Inn and the rooms are wonderful. Well maintained
The dining experience has never been anything but top notch. Breakfast is amazing. We have never been able to go on a moose watch because we won't miss breakfast.
Just sitting on their wonderful porch looking out at Moosehead Lake while the sunsets is another amazing experience.
As I might have stated previously, we have stayed at "Amangani" for $1400 a night and the rooms here are nicer by a long shot. Food is as good or better.
You cannot beat the quality and value of a Blair Hill Inn experience thanks to the owners; Ruth & Dan. And of course their wonderful staff.

Room tip: We have only stayed in room #1. It is glorious, I don't think you can go wrong on most any room.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
moosesafari, Owner at Blair Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2019

Thank you for posting about your experiences at Blair Hill Inn. I can tell you that we look forward to seeing you each fall so very much. Somehow, we seem to get the best of the best guests and it makes what we do so enjoyable. Your confidence in us keeps us wanting to be the best we can be each and every season! See you in October!

Reviewed January 12, 2019

My wife and I learned of the Blair Hill Inn from our daughter who was in search of a wedding venue that satisfied the search terms "Maine" Northwoods" and "Luxury". Not only did the Blair Hill Inn satisfy those search terms, it satisfied our daughter's high standards. My wife and I add excellence to the descriptors of the Inn and its wonderful staff.

Following our daughter's decision, we spent our 35th anniversary at the Inn. The very moment we walked in, we knew why our daughter selected this lovely place for her wedding. More than the gorgeous view, more than the beautifully appointed rooms, more than the outstanding cuisine was the sense of warmth, welcome and peace that pervades the inn. Ruth, Dan (a Grateful Dead fan), and all the staff unobtrusively cater to your needs and desires. From the rooms, to the grounds, to the spa attention to detail is evident everywhere.

The wedding was truly amazing, We had the Inn to ourselves all weekend and it truly felt like our home for that time. If only our home had such comforts. Ruth and Dan were kind enough to arrange for a bright, sunny day--much appreciated. How they manage to get the sun set so beautifully at just the right time is beyond me. The Inn made our daughter's day a very special one that came off flawlessly. Many thanks to the bartender who kept the father of the bride comfortably relaxed for duration.

My wife and I and guests used the spa and swore that it was the best massage was the best they ever had. I can second that. Again, rustic luxury.

All three visits featured meals that were creative, imaginative, delicious and meticulously prepared and served. The wait staff is exceptionally well trained and knowledgeable. The wine cellar and bar are well stocked. The service is prompt and instructive. Greenville offers alternative dining options and, imho, a visit to Greenville without a stop at the Stress Free Moose is a visit that has been wasted.

We visited again this September for our 36th anniversary and splurged on Room 9 which has a lovely private balcony over looking Moosehead and looking across to Big and Little Squaw mountains. There is simply nothing like sitting in your robe on the balcony watching the rising sun illuminate the mountains and lake.

We live in a particularly lovely section of the coast and when we told people that our daughter was being married at Greenville, the question naturally arose, "Why Greenville?". We always responded with "Because that's where the Blair Hill in is."

Many thanks to Ruth and Dan and the staff. We'll be back.

Date of stay: September 2018
2  Thank Donald B
Reviewed November 7, 2018

From the moment we opened the door, the Inn and room were immediately warm and comforting as was the host, Ruth. We loved our stay and couldn't stop raving about the bedding: mattress, sheets and pillows were all so comfy. The bathroom looked like Candice Olsen came to decorate and the soaking tub and lovely bath salts were a treat. The breakfast was perfect in both presentation and taste. A delectable experience and fabulous service. We hope to return!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2018

I have traveled the world and yet my favorite spot is a quaint 10 room bed and breakfast that has finally become a Relais&châteaux . It is located in the the tiny but charming northern Maine town of Greenville, overlooking Moosehead Lake. For a city girl it is everything you would want, gorgeous rooms, delicious breakfast and dinners, fresh flowers and great music throughout,a spa and the nicest and most caring staff you could ever find in a large city but you feel worlds away from all the hustle and bustle. The views are magnificent. Even though I live almost 2000 miles away I am excited about my upcoming fifth return. A not to be missed destination!

Room tip: Cant miss on any of the room choices
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends