“Enjoyed camping, Cassie is not a pleasant man”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenville
Casey's Spencer Bay Camps
STRATHAM
“Enjoyed camping, Cassie is not a pleasant man”
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Not a big camper, but wife and kids love to go once a year. We found the tent sites nice, but a liitle too rocky. Next to the water is great. The lake is fantastic, but due to the 6.5 mile trek in not much to do other than swim. The showers and bathrooms were extremely clean although you can only shower between 7am - 10am or 7pm - 10pm. Cassie did his best to ruin my few days off. We rented a canoe for the day $20 - not bad, but it had a leak. Went to ask about renting a small boat with engine and rudely told can only rent for the day - this was about 12pm. I asked if I could pay the full day rate and Cassie rudely said we rent only by the day - been there done that - people want to rent for an hour and run over rocks - all this while never looking at me and on the phone with a personal call. Overall liked the location and campground - it's too bad Cassie is there.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank wildhog2805

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
maine
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Casey's camps is hard to reach----it's at the end of a 6 mile dirt roat---but it is worth every bump on the road through Abbot and Monson as well as the dusty dirt road. Campers be advised about the roads to Casey's- just take your time getting there and you'll be so glad you did. The lake is marvelous for sailing and swimming. I see lots of people come into the marina carrying fish they caught and wearing smiles on their faces. The kids love the freedom to explore the campground. Sarah and Casey are great and generous to share their beautiful property with others. I hope I can always go there. Next month we return with our grown children and if we did not, they would be pretty upset with us. They love Casey's and plan for it all year round. Don't come to Casey's if you want to party loud all night and not clean up after your dog. Do come if you love the peace and quiet to sleep and a nice clean campground to stay in.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank caseyssite7
boston, ma
Reviewed 26 May 2010

Our family has been going to casey's since the 90's. We usually rent a cabin and have a large group, some of us also rent a tent site. The owners have always been nice and we've never had any issues. The camps are very rustic, but comfortable and things work. There's plenty to do if you like the outdoors and there's a great beach nearby, tons of wildlife and the marina is good for boats.
Reading the other reviews I do know that the owners don't tolerate anyone who is disturbing others and run a nice and quiet family campground. None of us have ever had (or heard of people having) a negative experience with the owners. This is a great place for kids and a great way to disconnect from it all and to just relax.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank big_ribbit
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 May 2010

This place was very nice. A little bit of a bumpy ride in for my class A motor home. Take it slow!
The Owners wife is very nice. The owner is a little grumpy and should just stay away from the customers. (made a comment to my kids about their dog, who barely ever barks) just unnecessary and uncalled for.
Video of park can be found here.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank RVSULLY
Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 November 2009

We have camped at Casey's for a several years. One year we didn't make it up there and the kids gave us grief all year long about it. It is my favorite place to be. It is quiet. Sites are large and not piled on top of each other. There is no list of activities through the day, in fact no organized activities at all, AMEN! Yes, my children ride their bikes, swim, skip stones, feed ducks, visit Sarah at the store with all of their change (she is a patient woman), lay on the warm rocks of pebble beach with our dog, go for the occasional boat ride, hike Mt. Kineo, go moose hunting down the logging roads, roast marshmallows, play board games, fish--so if that is not enough for your family and kids then this is not the campground or you. The view is to die for. I have not been to any other campground that has the same view. We love the fact that we don't have electricity all day. Yes, the driveway is long--you are heading into the woods. We look forward to turning into that long dirt road--that means peace, simple enjoyment and a wonderful week is right up ahead.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Maine
Reviewed 16 August 2009

If you want to experience the beauty of the Maine woods, this is where you do it! There are great sites for campers, tents and RVs. The campground is on a point with water on both sides. it is a great place to get away from it all. The owners are wonderful, and really are accomodating. From what I have seen of other reviews, the people who don't like it should either stay in a hotel with room service or just follow the rules which are very simple. The rules are all about being considerate of other campers and taking care of a beautiful place in order to keep it that way, nothing more. The store has pretty much everything you would need that you forgot to bring, in addition to ice for your cooler and wood for your fire. We go at least once a year and try to go back more, but every time I go, no matter how long it's been, I walk into the store and say hi to Sara and she responds with a hello, Susan. I am amazed with all the campers they have every summmer that she remembers my name. She is always very helpful and is very nice to my kids who make repeated trips to the store for candy, ice, or fishing lures. They come around twice a day and pick up your garbage right at your campsite, and every time I go, the sites are clean and freshly raked. They key about this place is they try to make sure it is as unspoiled by people as possbile. There are trees around every site and they are spaced out well. I've been to so many places where you feel like you're eating dinner with your neighbors. We have many fond memories of family trips here and we will continue to go back every year.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
maine
Reviewed 10 August 2009

We return to Casey's every August because this is such a rare and beautiful experience. Casey and Sarah go to great lengths to keep their property looking beautiful and pristine. A earlier reviewer mentioned broken windows in the cabins and I wonder why they would say such a thing. My husband and I return numerous times each year staying in cabins and on campsites and each are kept perfect and ready for use. Our children consider Casey's their perfect traditional vacation spot. All you need do is respect the property as you would any beautiful spot as well as respect your fellow vacationers. This is a destination for you if you want the peace to hear loons calling at night and the respect of your fellow travelers enough to feel safe and secure. Casey's marina is perfect for your boat and there is no better sailing ground on any other lake in Maine.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
15.0 km away
20.3 km away
Moose Mountain Inn
Moose Mountain Inn
#4 of 5 in Greenville

Been to Casey's Spencer Bay Camps? Share your experiences!