Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Moosehead region

The visitor center represents the region. An area with hundreds of miles of crisp peaceful views... read more

Reviewed March 16, 2020
Kathy L
via mobile
Very friendly and helpful

We stopped in to ask questions about the international float plane fly in and the staff was... read more

Reviewed September 22, 2019
Bob J
Cranston, Rhode Island
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 10, 2018

The visitor center is very quaint with an old fire tower that you can climb in the yard. The views of the lake and mountains from this property are GORGEOUS. They were very helpful and gave me a list of scenic drives in the area which I very much enjoyed.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed June 6, 2018

Nice small visitor center. Lots of literature about the area and good friendly advice. Fun to climb the outside lookout enclosure. Very helpful spot.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Great stop if you never been to Greenville Maine or surrounded areas. Great place to stop and get informed around town. My kids and I live stopping here every year to check out the fire house. Small hike also welcome

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed June 12, 2017

My husband and I came to believe the talk of moose everywhere was a tourist draw. We never saw a moose in the area. We saw one in Vermont and one in New Hamshire prior to getting to Maine.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed October 9, 2016

We stopped by hoping for insights into local travel options. The person there did not know the local roads. She told us "she was told not to recommend travel on any dirt roads" and she had no personal experience with them. Also she kept all the information behind her desk and would only offer information on topics you asked about. Not very helpful. But we did manage to pry some information out of her. She did not offer any information unless we asked.

Date of experience: October 2016