Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews loon room bear room moose safari moosehead lake private deck trout appointed rooms jacuzzi tub celebrate our anniversary highlight of our trip breakfast was delicious watching the sunset north woods fire pit common areas wonderful visit living room
Selected filters
Reviewed September 29, 2020

June 2020 was our 40th anniversary but because of COVID we had to reschedule; actually worked out well because it was peak foliage in Greenville; Moosehead Lodge is a very nice place; it was definitely a special treat for our anniversary; we did unfortunately miss out on the regular breakfast (COVID) and probably a great dinner as well but the Loon Room was lovely; view was amazing; Coffee maker, small fridge; new bathroom; great linens and very spacious; we were only able to stay for 2 nights but it was very relaxing

Room tip: I suspect all the rooms are nice but the Loon Room is on the first floor and has a private balcony.
Reviewed September 27, 2020

We had a great stay at the Lodge. The location and view are beautiful. It was very relaxing and the team there are very responsive. Unfortunately due to covid we didn't get to dine at the restaurant and in general we didn't spend time in the common areas. However, the whole place is really lovely and the porch is a wonderful spot for the view. The breakfast was always great and one evening we enjoyed the charcuterie platter which we loved. Dennis accommodated us by lighting up the fire pit one night and we really enjoyed chatting with him. Amber was always gracious and Linda responded to all our texts and requests! We highly recommend the Loon room - it is so pretty and really nice to have the porch. From the ground floor rooms you can hear people in the main entrance area, so if you are a light sleeper it might be worth having earplugs in case anyone is coming/going early in the AM.

Room tip: We suggest the rooms with view/porch if that is an option for you.
Reviewed September 25, 2020

We stayed 2 nights in the Trout Room. A previous review mentioned a view of the lake and mountains and sunset from Trout Room. This is incorrect. The View is of the front yard and the super bright McMansion across the road. The room was very tastefully decorated with trout accessories. The view from the deck overlooking the lake was wonderful. I guess I didn't realize there was no lake access from the lodge.
Having breakfast delivered to your room sounds like a great idea, but when there is not a table to eat from, it is kinda tricky. The second morning we took our delicious breakfast to the deck.
I understand the Lodge is a different place when there is NOT a darn Pandemic. I feel the price was way too much for the amenities we actually received. And I should have realized when Trout Room was the only room available, that is was not the top of the line, although I believe the price was the same as others? The room itself is very small.

Room tip: Check location of room. Rooms in front of lodge have noise from road and travelers.
Reviewed September 16, 2020 via mobile

We recently spent 2 nights at this lodge in Maine. It is beautiful, amazing views of the lake. Our room was the bear room and was very tastefully decorated with bears! We enjoyed our private deck also. Our only negative was that the restaurant wasn't open due to Covid 19. That is life these days. We took a moose safari with Mark, arranged by the lodge. It was great, we saw 4 cows and a bull! If you are going to Maine for beauty, comfort and wildlife you can't miss at the lodge at moosehead lake!!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2020

I had never been to Greenville before and I enjoyed my time so much and can't wait to go back. The room was ready to go. I could text the owners with questions before and during my stay - with prompt replies. Everything was tidy and just as described and pictured in online photos. The view from our suite was beautiful. There were other people staying on the property but there is so much space I rarely saw them and people were quiet.

Date of stay: July 2020