“Charming Inn, Great food/drinks”
Review of Ironbound Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hancock
Ironbound Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hancock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

My husband & I stayed for two nights after trying dinner here last summer. Amazing food, really good/creative drinks and the rooms are adorable. We can't say enough about this place. Definitely a hidden gem.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 June 2017

From the moment we walked in, the owner, Leslie, made us feel very welcomed. We sat at a table for two with a nice view of the fireplace and the bar area. There are so many nooks and crannies in this lovely Inn. The bar area is inviting, the lounge area behind the bar with sofas and chairs, the outside courtyard area, and of course the main dining room. We had checked out the menu online and there was a wide variety of menu items from burgers to fancy fare at reasonable prices. Nancy our server was patient with us while we worked our way through the extensive drink menu. We tasted some draft beers before making our final drink order. My husband chose the Lamb Sliders with fresh cut fries and coleslaw. I went with the catch of the day, Halibut prepared with a tarragon butter sauce topped with lobster knuckle meat and garlic mashed potatoes. We order the homemade chips & guacamole has a starter. The food was excellent. Every bite tasted delicious. The pace of the service was great, allowing us to enjoy our starter and warm breads served before our entrees. It was a Sunday night and there was a steady stream of folks coming in for dinner. We look forward to returning in the near future. Ironbound is a gem.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

My wife her sister my sister and Husband went there on my sister Martha's recommendation right from the beginning when we could make reservations for 6 pm I was happy I can't stand to wait in crowds for a seat at a restaurant while I am getting hungrier by the minute when we arrived we were immediately seated at a nice round table From start to finish are waitress Maryalice took care of everything before we even thought of it We all loved are meals and were raving about each of are appetizers and later are dishes that we all had to share with each other I had Lobstermac and cheese I loved it at once for its delicious cheese blends and real fresh lobster meat My wife's Halibut and sisters chicken was so moist and tasty Can't wait to go back

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

It's always a pleasure to eat here. The menu has a nice variety and the prices are reasonable. We enjoyed the addition of pork belly to the appetizers. My husband almost always has the Finnan Haddie, and I always have creme brûlée for dessert! We do miss the Mediterranean cheese dip though. The replacement is not the same.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2016

Usually everything goes smoothly here, it depends on how busy it is. Last visit, we had 5 in our party, and service was slow. We had to wait 40 minutes to get our appetizers served and then waited awhile for our dinners to come out too. It is always worth it and we like this restaurant, but when they get "slammed" with diners, you are going to have to wait. I'd recommend studying the menu BEFORE you go there [online] and put your entire order in early for the best service.

It has been our experience that the food is always good and the people working there are very nice. Even the owner buses tables when they are busy. We will return as it is the best option for good food for miles around.

We did not stay at the Inn, we only used the restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

The staff at Ironbound worked tirelessly. The owner Leslie must have a twin as she seems to be on top of every detail.

Our room was delightful. The bed was comfortable, the linens nice, the air conditioning unit quiet and effective.

The setting is lovely. We had a porch overlooking the park like setting in the rear.

Fresh fruit, bagels and coffee were available in the am.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

The number of cars in the parking lot was a clear indication of how good the food was going to be!

Excellent service, friendly staff, and the food was impeccable. The prices are moderate, depending on what you get. We had both the seafood and the chicken specials. One appetizer and two desserts (no drinks or alcohol) and the bill was $86 plus tip.

The Halibut with lobster topping was to die for. The chicken topped with prosciutto and mozzarella was extremely good. Both came with mashed potatoes and a mix of small green beans, roasted beets and zucchini slices.

The appetizer list was intriguing as we landed on getting guacamole and chips. I can say that was the best guacamole I have ever had - heavy on cilantro just like I like it. The chips were hot and fresh.

The dessert portions were generous. All are made on the premises. We tried the creme brûlée (which had real vanilla bean) and the lemon curd. Both were beyond tasty.

Definitely worth going to this place and rest assured I will be going back.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends

Been to Ironbound Inn? Share your experiences!