Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$197
View deal
Expedia.comUS$219
Hotels.comUS$219
PricelineUS$197
FindHotelUS$219
Trip.comUS$240
TravelocityUS$219
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 8, 2021 via mobile

Bare minimum place to stay. Bring your own towels… we only were given a wash cloth and it was gross. Bed was uncomfortable my boyfriend couldn’t sleep. WAYYYYY to expensive for experience. The lady at the desk was very nice, but that doesn’t excuse the sticky floors dirty rag on tv stand and gross bathtub. I have stayed at way nicer camps let alone hotels.

Room tip: Don’t
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2021 via mobile

I booked this reservation through Expedia and received a confirmation number and email for my stay. When I arrived I was given an electronic key to my room ( number 166 ) and went to my room. When I unlocked the door and stepped in, the room was OCCUPIED!!!
I return to the front desk and inform them of their screw up. I was then informed that they were full and had no rooms despite my confirmation.
The whole property reaked of stale cigarette smoke with people hanging around outside loitering and smoking the outside grounds were filthy and the minute I drove into the parking lot I had a feeling that I had made a bad choice for a room.
Don't let the pretty website and description of the property fool you like it did me. The place is a dump.

Room tip: Avoid this motel at all costs. It is a dump. Do not let the pretty website fool you like it did me.
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2021

The staff is rude, lazy, and homophobic. Do yourself a favour and book literally anywhere else. Trash in the room was never emptied, room was absolutely filthy, shower only ever put ice water out, and the mini fridge in the room was broken. Staff was rude to begin with, and became actively hostile after seeing me wearing an LGBT pride shirt

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2021

The house keepers who does it all she’s amazing ! Goes above and beyond the rooms were spotless the Smell of clean always gets me she treated me with respect and accommodated me very well A+ Shyna see you again soon

Trip type: Travelled solo
Jennifer Gibson, General Manager at White Birches Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2021

We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone.

Reviewed August 28, 2020

The first time we stayed here in 2019, we must have had a brand new room. It was clean & adorable with a nautical theme. So, when we decided to revisit Maine again this year (2020), we booked White Birches again. What a disappointment. We must have received the oldest room in the place. As soon as I walked into the bathroom, there was a spider crawling across the floor; not a big deal as they can be anywhere, however, there was a large spider web with a spider in it in the corner of the room. After cleaning that out, it appeared back the next day. The rug felt dirty & I was completely skeeved out by the sheets. Thank goodness I brought my own pillowcase. After arriving home, I realized that I left my phone charger plug in the outlet behind the night stand. I called twice & they promised to check with housekeeping but no one returned my call either time. After the third time, they said that nothing was found. I know for a fact that I left it there & I told them that. I had pulled the cord out, which came detached from the plug & then I forgot to reach behind & grab the plug. I specifically asked if housekeeping checked the outlet behind the nightstand & was told yes. I proceeded to tell him that that means that someone must have walked off with it. He could not have cared less. We love Maine & plan to visit every year but will NEVER stay here again & DO NOT recommend it!!

Date of stay: August 2020
Gibson properties Gibson, Owner at White Birches Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2020

Thank you for your review! We are sorry you had some issues. We were not told during your stay that the room was not to your liking as we may have been able to move you to a better room, we do have some older style rooms as we are making changes all the time. As for the charger, it did take some time to look into and get in contact with the housekeeper that cleaned the room. While it may have been a oversight on our staff for not seeing it, you are right that someone may have checked in after and walked off with it and for that we are sorry. Its not a case of we do not care, but there is not much we can do about the situation after the fact. Our housekeeper said she did not remember seeing it but that doesnt mean it was not in the room. Once more we are sorry.