“Great home style food at a very reasonable price”

Scovils Millside Dining
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Harrington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 20, 2017

As others have mentioned, don't be fooled by the drab and unappealing exterior of this place. It's down home local cooking at it's finest. Did not find any worn out seats with springs popping out, nor flies buzzing around as others have mentioned. Everything was clean, well kept, and functional. Service was outstanding, very welcoming, and portions are huge. Good food, fresh and hot at a great price. If you can break away from waterfront and fancy, this is a good place to come. We had very good Haddock sandwiches and the Hubs had their excellent homemade onion rings. Surprisingly huge menu with large selection of home made desserts. Come hungry!

2  Thank Patricia M

Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I we're traveling down from Lubec to Prospect Harbor and we're having trouble finding any where to eat. The Garmin directed us to Scovils and we went there hoping it would be open. It is just a mile or so south of the intersection of US 1A and US 1 in Harrington. We were pleasantly greeted by the young lady and found our seats. She promptly brought us our beverages and took our orders. We both ordered the Grand Seafood Platter ($16.95) and "grand" is an understatement. It came with a very fresh salad, frenchfries, two pieces of haddock, several delicious scallops and around thirty shrimp. I can usually clean my plate but I couldn't finish it all. The restaurant has the feel of a hometown restaurant of days gone by. The service was friendly and prompt. I highly recommend A trip to Scovils if you are anywhere near the area.

1  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed September 6, 2016

It doesn't look tempting from the outside, nor even inside, but the food and friendliness are juts fine. Homemade, delicious, and large portions. Try it for a real good country meal.

Reviewed August 4, 2016

I Love going here with the family. Quiet, pleasant and decent breakfast. I had an omelette here last time I was in and it was delicious! Staff is friendly and personable

1  Thank Katie G
Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

Great food, had Friday all you can eat haddock dinner.
Price was great $9.99!