“The specials are amazing & save room for dessert!”
Review of Horn of Plenty - CLOSED

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Nancy, Bill, Rachel, Heather & the rest of the staff are wonderful! They are the friendliest group of people. The food is delicious. I recommend the coffee rub steak & I don't even like coffee. Definitely save room for dessert or take some to go home with. There's so much to choose from.

2  Thank Jackie W

Reviewed 21 July 2011

This is a wonderful restaurant and a wonderful surprise. The food has always been great and the service is perfect. We can say enough about this place. Nancy and Bill know what they are doing and do it oh so very well.

1  Thank gjap61
Reviewed 12 July 2011

A menu prepared by a chef that knows what s/he's doing in Northern Maine is always hard to find--so just go here!

2  Thank therealcaro
Reviewed 10 April 2010

They certainly didn't break the bank furnishing the place or, fancying it up, & as this is a small town, pretty well nowhere, we didn't have high expectations. My colleague from Portland & I from Quispamsis NB travel a fair amount & have had many meals in many small towns & large cities, but our experience here knocked our socks off. Our server (& part owner) was lovely lady from RI who recited the specials 3 times for us, + other items that weren't on the menu (half a duck),but that they'd be pleased to prepare for us if we'd like, detailing the ingredients, cooking processes, & even the presentation for each on them. It was as close to gourmet dining as you are going to see at any restaraunt without them calling it that & charging you twice the price. I had Cod Creole, my colleague had a blackened NY Strip, & we both raved about the quality. The small garden salad I started off with was even amazing. They serve beer & wine, & have a corner that had a temporary screen or partition that could afford a bit of privacy, but it's basically a room with a bunch of tables in it. We were having a later supper for these neck of the woods, about 8:00, & there were 3 other tables occupied at that time, & I'm guessing there would be 20 tables in all. We were amazed by the breadth of choices they had available, & were still talking about our experience the next day (thant's never happened to me before). Before we left, the cook came out to sit down & have his dinner in a corner & we made a point of thanking him for an outstanding meal. If you want a fantastic meal served & prepared by folks who really, really, know how to provide you with a high quality dining experience in unpretentious surroundings, & absolutely love doing so, this is the place!!! Oh yes, bring cash, no credit cards accepted, I'm mailing a cheque to them to pay for our meal (happens all the time they told us), I'm still blown away, it's woth the drive, I'll be back.

4  Thank NBHabsfan
Reviewed 6 March 2010

There are several GREAT restaurants in Maine and the Horn Of Plenty is definitely in the top 10. It is no longer located in Island Falls, but now occupies new quarters a few miles further north. It is on Route 1 just north of the Houlton Exit of I-95. This is Gourmet dining where you would never expect to find it. Their Coffee Rubbed Steak for dinner and their Reuben Sandwich for lunch are two choices I have really enjoyed. They accept Cash and Checks, so don't expect to pay with your credit card. Reservation are recommended and usually absolutely necessary for dinner.

1  Thank FrankbHoulton