My husband and I stayed here for my "birthday weekend" (March - which is off season) and were a little disappointed. We have dined at the "Stripers" restaurant several years in a row for my birthday and LOVE it, so we were sad to find this year it was closed until May. The room was pretty bare bones and looked like it hadn't been updated in quite a while. This was disappointing because the rest of the hotel is so beautiful. The staff was excellent though, very friendly and helpful. We're not sure if we'd stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in the 1880's, The Breakwater Inn & Spa is one of the most historic Kennebunkport hotels and inns with all the modern hotel comforts, located right on the Kennebunk River waterfront. Experience our chic water view inn rooms, cottages or spa rooms as you indulge in exclusive signature spa treatments in our luxury spa complex. Delight in innovative cuisine at Stripers Waterside Restaurant, taking pleasure in the freshest seafood, lobster and shellfish from the New England Maine Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Breakwater Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakwater Hotel Kennebunkport
- The Breakwater Inn And Spa Kennebunkport, Maine