Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
FindHotel
ZenHotels.com
Expedia.comUS$79
TravelocityUS$79
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 13, 2020 via mobile

For a college dark tourism trip, I stayed at this hotel for a class experience. I had read the reviews and they were not very good. I’d like to write the truth. This hotel is unique in the sense it keeps with the original theme of when it opened many years ago. It even has some of the original gas lamps, and the 2 push buttons to turn the room lights on. The sheets are not thread bare, they were fine! The room was very clean, not a stray hair to be found. I worked housekeeping myself at an Inn this year, so I can verify it really is clean. Although the mattress was bouncy, it was comfortable. Soap, shampoo & conditioner are provided, and a blow dryer. Someone wrote the WiFi only works in the lobby, that is not true, I got it on the 3rd floor and streamed Netflix on my kindle just fine. The owners are very nice and I think they enjoy telling the history of the Inn.
Couple things you should know before booking during off season, and year round. It’s a trucking route, bring ear plugs and you’ll sleep better for it. I always travel with them anyway, so jake braking wasn’t an issue for me. ALL the restaurants are closed on Tuesday (not sure if it’s a year round thing, call ahead and check). You can either get pizza at the gas station across the street, or drive 25 minutes one way to eat out. To end this, I will say I found it very amusing watching my classmates afraid of ghosts & seeing shadows. I enjoyed the stay. I heard someone moving things around in the room next to me when I woke up, normal noises you hear when people are getting ready in the morning. Before I checked out, the room next to me had a padlock on the outside of the door. The owners have not arrived yet for work. I’m not a believer in the paranormal but the noise is unexplained ;-)

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2020 via mobile

Just returned from four days here while skiing sugarloaf and snowshoeing also. Had a great stay at this awesome hotel. Super clean and super quiet even when the hotel had many folks staying during the weekend. Exceeded my expectations and would definitely stay here again. Longfellows across the street and woodsmans for breakfast made everything easy Take advantage of this unique historical location. You’ll be glad you did!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2019 via mobile

I called to check in and had booked for the wrong month. I called Expedia and everything got fixed right away. Thank you! Clean comfortable rooms, extra pillows in the drawer. Very charming and with the price. Enjoy the fact that there are no TV's in the room.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2019

Friendly staff, beautiful building, great little town! A nice little place to get away from it all and just unwind. There are no tv’s in the rooms, which I think adds to the charm of the hotel, lending opportunities for guests to interact with each other. The town of Kingfield is relaxing and laid back, the people are friendly and there are many places to do sightseeing!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2019

This is a lovely little hotel. The rooms are a bit smaller as they've kept the building close to original as is possible but allowing for a private bathroom in each. The bathrooms are roomy, no tub just a shower.

There is wifi, but no tv in the rooms (there is one in the main "lobby").

The bed and linens were clean, fresh and comfortable. The room and hotel were both spotless.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay again if we were in the area.

Date of stay: June 2019