Travelocity
Orbitz.com
StayForLong
CheapTickets
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

A little too quaint for us. Very old farmhouse with only a few amenities. Nice grounds and common areas, but no tv, anywhere. Staff is very friendly and they provide a good breakfast with farm fresh eggs. They said they did an extensive remodel in 2004, but as a contractor I just don't see it. The only outlets with a ground were in the bathroom making it difficult to plug in items to charge and use.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2018

My husband and I went to Kingfield to attend a wedding. This bed and breakfast was very nice. Our room was just what we needed for our stay and very clean. We were served a very nice breakfast the next day which was very good and enjoyed great views from the dining room. This is a very nice place for couples to stay.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2018

My mom and I came to visit the area after not having lived here in over 30 years, and stayed here. It was a great experience, all in all. The inside of the house is quaint and cavernous. Our host made great company and served us delicious breakfast. She also had several people-friendly animals roaming around. Her assistants were very friendly and helpful. The property is vast, with walking trails nearby. And it was in an excellent location. It was very much what we were looking for.

What prevented it from completely knocking our socks off were a few minor complaints:
- The Shiloh Room (where we stayed) had a very odd shaped bathroom, which would have been fine, but we couldn't stand completely straight up in the shower because the slope of the roof cut right through it.
- There was no in-room refrigerator, which would have been handy for drinks and leftovers.
- The beds were on the firmer side, but I understand that you can't please everybody.
- There was not a single television in the entire house, not even in the communal living room. I get that a B&B isn't necessarily all about being glued to the TV, but it's nice to have the option.
- We were encouraged to wear layers if the room got a bit cold in the room, rather than turning on the heat.

If we are in the area again, we certainly would consider staying! But we might opt to upgrade from the Shiloh. =) Thanks for your hospitality, and your delicious granola.

Room tip: I would recommend against the Shiloh Room. The rest looked great.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Lisa S, Owner at Mountain Village Farm B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Thanks very much for your thoughtful review, Ty. I really enjoyed your visit and hearing about the connections you made while here. A few clarification, however, to address your concerns. There is always a fridge in the Shiloh Room,but during your visit, another guest had asked for an in room fridge. While we "borrowed" one from Shiloh, if you had asked, we would have brought one in from the event barn instead. I did not know having a fridge was an issue for you and speaking up would have resulted in an immediate resolution.

The heat is always on here and set at a comfortable degree.The suggestion that guests wear layers during the winter months is really the result of visitors from the south accustomed to dressing lightly and turning the heat up to 80 and even 90 degrees during their stay. Each room has its own thermostat for the very specific purpose of allowing individual degrees of comfort. There is, however, a reasonable limit and putting on a sweater in Jan., Feb, and March is an appropriate alternative to excessive heat settings that are a waste of energy.

There is a a TV in the breakfast cafe that guests are welcome to use at any time.It is enclosed in one of the corner cupboards. If only you had asked.

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

Great location-a short walk, or even quicker drive into town. Breakfasts were simple and tasty, but nothing extraordinary. Except the granola-get that!
Light a match to the fireplace in the evening and enjoy! Head over to Longfellows for dinner-don't miss it! If you need lots of extras or attention this isn't that kind of B&B, but privacy and solitude abound here. Meet the dogs (and cat), take a walk, go sit by the river. We loved our two days here in early April!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lisa S, Owner at Mountain Village Farm B&B, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay here, Rio. I enjoyed meeting you. The home made granola is delicious and guests also love the blueberry cornmeal pancakes, organic oatmeal with apples & raisins, french toast and, of course, farm fresh organic eggs that come right out of my hen house. Everyone at check in is given my phone number and told to call me for any reason or need. I live on site and am readily available. While most weekends find my six bedrooms full of guests, weekdays are more apt to be quieter and more peaceful.

Reviewed March 22, 2018

Great B&B if you like old farm houses as we do. Excellent living room with fire place that you light yourself. Breakfast was good, but not what we expected in a farmhouse. Lisa is a great host. Kingfield is a great town to visit.

Date of stay: February 2018
Lisa S, Owner at Mountain Village Farm B&B, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Thanks so much for staying
Eggs come right out of the hen house and everything is organic, including my home made granola.