Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$169
View deal
eDreams
Hotels.comUS$169
PricelineUS$169
Agoda.comUS$169
Orbitz.comUS$169
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2020 via mobile

This place has everything you could want, great food, fantastic service, friendly staff, clean comfy rooms and beautiful surroundings. The owner was so nice, everything we wanted he provided. We loved sitting at the bar in the evenings and mingling with locals and other guests. It’s like something straight out of a novel. Will definitely be back.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
12  Thank LittleExplorer2
Kristin Wallaker, Revenue Management at The Inn on Winter' Hill, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2021

How wonderful it is to hear of your experience! It is certainly what we strive for on Winter's Hill. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and we hope to have you join us again some day.

Reviewed February 21, 2020

We just returned home from an amazing ski day at Sugarloaf. The skiing was phenomenal and the Inn was even better. Linda made the best drinks at the bar and the food was superb. We will definitely be back. Thank you for such a wonderful stay.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family

We are thrilled to hear you had such a great day, and even more so that we could heighten the experience!

Reviewed February 16, 2020

First of all . . . I have never written a Tripadvisor review and am not a terribly judgmental person. My wife and I are frequent travelers and have stayed in Inns in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, California, Texas, Arizona in just the last few years . . . we know what to expect and am reasonable in our expectations.

All that said, the Inn on Winter's Hill was a terrible disappointment and I would recommend finding somewhere else to stay.

When we arrived at the Inn, there was no one to check us in . . . no bell, buzzer or instructions what to do. After 10 minutes my wife went in search of the Inn Keeper and finally found him in the kitchen.

He was frankly a bit of a curmudgeon and seemed anxious to get us out of his hair.

Our room was Victorian and I suspect hadn't been updated since Queen Victoria was still on the thrown. The furnishings, rugs, curtains and bed spread were faded and thread bare . . . my wife felt the place was dirty.

The windows suffered dry rot, flaking paint and draftiness. Now this was mid-February in Maine . . . and the cold air poured into the room.

The bathroom was tiny and gloomy. The toilet was loud and took 3+ minutes to refill . . . made worse because it had to be flushed twice on each use (enough said).

The door of the bathroom vanity fell off when touched,

Hanging plants from the summer are still hanging on the veranda . . . they have probably been dead since November.

Coffee was out for guests bright and early . . . but no cream or milk was set out. My wife snuck into the kitchen to find some.

We left a day early because the place was so horrific . . . note I didn't say "checked out a day early" because there was no one out front to give the key to.

This was once a beautiful Inn and has a lovely bar but needs quite a bit of TLC to get it up to modern standards.

Date of stay: February 2020
John B, Owner at The Inn on Winter' Hill, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to tell me of your reactions to our inn. I am terribly sorry to have disappointed you so thoroughly, and you have my most sincere apologies.

From your comments, I see that I will need to replace that toilet with a newer model, I think that's probably the only possible remedy. Up until now I had thought it old but serviceable. Same for the vanity door. As far as the bathroom being gloomy, this is news to me and I'll take a look at it and see if I can understand your perspective. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I have never heard anything like this from a guest staying in that room before, the overwhelmingly more common reaction is for guests to find room 1 to be bright, sunny, and cheery..

As for there not being anyone "to check us in" or "out front to give the key to", I apologize, it would be lovely to have a desk clerk on duty for your arrival and departure. The arrival portion of this stay seems to have been a great disappointment to you that foreshadowed your entire experience. Again, I apologize and hope that the remainder of your travels go much smoother. Thanks again for taking your valuable time . Future guests will certainly benefit from your detailed comments.

Reviewed October 15, 2019 via mobile

We visited the Inn for two meals this past weekend. Situated a couple of blocks off the main road, the inn has a classy, genteel feel with tasteful furnishings, great food and a friendly knowledgable bartender. On my visit there was an excellent pianist in the main room and I settled in with a nice glass of Laphroaig before my meal. Although the menu was somewhat limited, there are several innovative dishes that you have to taste to believe. Definitely recommended!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kristin W, Manager at The Inn on Winter' Hill, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2019

Thanks for your kind comments about our inn last month. We appreciate that everyone is busy, so it is rewarding for us to find that you took your time to post a review, and hope you will return so we can thank you in person!

john

Reviewed October 12, 2019 via mobile

The food is incredible! Rooms with a mountain view are amazing!! The suitable is 5 stars, at least for their efforts on a very busy night. The property is older, but duhhh. We loved our stay and the area, will definitely be back.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

thanks for you review. I am especially happy to hear that you enjoyed being here when we were busy lst month,and we all hope it is not long before we see you again.