“Mixed Bag Budget Motel”
Review of Motel 6 Lewiston

Motel 6 Lewiston
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Lewiston
Reviewed 28 October 2017

I knew I was booking a room at a budget motel. And I did so willingly because I needed to be near Bates College and the weekend prices at the Ramada next door were too steep for my budget. So I was not expecting luxury. And to be honest, I was rather impressed with the room interior. The rooms are sparse, but are well designed and are highly functional and they were clean. However, there were disappointments as well. The biggest one being that the hallways REEK of cigarette smoke. Every time I needed to leave the room I gagged. the smell also creeps in through the air vents. Also, they offer complimentary coffee in the morning but only have caffeinated coffee and tea. I drink decaf. Are you really that cheap that you can't offer both? I can live with no continental breakfast, I want a cup of coffee, even for $60 a night. Lastly, a simple and not very expensive investment in curved shower rods would have made my showers much more enjoyable. The shower stalls feel like 24" wide coffins with the current bars and shower curtains.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 August 2017

I really dislike when people come to review a place like Motel 6 by seemingly comparing to posh hotels that cost 4 or more times as much. I expect Motel 6 to be "sparse" but I also am not vacationing in my room - I just need a place to sleep and shower. This place suits that purpose perfectly. Pros: cost; convenience to my place of interest; clean floors, bed, bath, etc.; great FREE wifi (not usual for Motel 6); very courteous staff. The room had an HD TV with connector ports in front and right underneath - the cable was not HD but I could have used my own device (Chromecast, Roku) and had HD if I had brought them (but I was there to sleep, not watch TV). Cons: The hallways smell strongly of smoke (we had a non-smoking room but it did not permeate); we had a room close to the end of the hall entrance and the outside entrance door that did not actually lock was "slamming" all hours of the night (especially early am); and while the floors, etc. were very clean there was an empty vodka bottle left on a shelf in the room (maid's stash?).

Room Tip: A room away from the end of the hall on the opposite end from the office end would most likely be qu...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mhesc
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at Motel 6 on previous occasions, and have always expected a minimal motel experience for a minimum price. While this is true of this particular Motel 6; might even say it was a bit better as far as the remodel went as there is no stained carpet to deal with. However, the other guests and obnoxious dogs around the grounds made us feel uneasy and unsafe. They need to replace the sliding doors on the rooms. They look dirty because the seals are broken. Glad to only stay there one night. Would not stay here again. Worth another $20-$30 to pick another place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Newly renovated with modern design but cigarette smell permeated everything. From the front lobby down every hallway and into my non smoking room all you could smell is the smoke. Also, security lock on door was broken and when we informed the front desk all they said was "so". Got through the night by taping fabric softener in front of the ac vent. Also bring one your own shampoo, none provided.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised and super pleased with my first visit here. Wonderful place tucked away in scenic wooded area. Staff amazing and Rima at front desk so nice and helpful. Highly recommend this place, we have sliding glass door to take pets out for walk in woods and rooms with 2 queen beds very clean and nice set up. Big thank you to Rima for her welcoming hospitality !

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank andgood6868
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, came home and placed my travel bag on a wooden floor to wash the contents later. Picked it up to find bed bugs everywhere in and beneath the bag. Absolutely disgusting. The room looks very clean and I was initially very pleased but to come home and find bed bugs all over with the origin being the bag I brought to Motel 6 I am now so appalled. I realize that the motel is inexpensive and didn't expect anything grand, but I do expect a clean room that won't lead to me deep cleaning my room for an entire day only to most likely have to do it again in the near future. Save yourself some time and trouble and book somewhere else.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank edag22
Reviewed 30 April 2017

I stay here a couple times a year visiting family in the area and have never had a serious issue. This motel is convenient and clean... all I'm looking for in a budget motel, so they check all the boxes for me. That said, I'm not a big fan of the right-hand parking lot; it seems rather remote and isolated. When you pull in, park your car on the better-lit left-hand side of the motel and roll your bags a little farther, just for a little extra peace of mind. Front desk staff are always efficient and helpful. I'll continue to stay here. (I can't speak to late-night noise because I retire early and travel with silicone earplugs... if anything goes on, I don't hear it.)

Room Tip: Second floor will avoid noisy guests above you.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewiston
4 km away
3.4 km away
Inn at the Agora
Inn at the Agora
#1 of 3 in Lewiston

Been to Motel 6 Lewiston? Share your experiences!