“Good sushi, great beer selection”
Review of Orchid Restaurant

Orchid Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 111 Restaurants in Lewiston
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Lewiston/Auburn newest Asian fusion that serves Thai and Sushi. Our Mission: Orchid is an inspiring restaurant, combining an eclectic atmosphere with excellent and interesting food. The mission is to have not only a great food selection, but also efficient and superior service - customer satisfaction is our paramount objective. Orchid is the restaurant of choice for a mature and adult crowd, couples and singles, young and old, male or female.
Reviewed 11 June 2015 via mobile

Tip: Don't seat yourself, but the entrance is a little funky, so go ahead and walk towards the bar and they will point you to a table.

If you're looking for good beer in the L-A area, skip all the local breweries and just head here. They have a wide variety on draft and many Belgians and unique brews in bottles. Their wine selection also isn't terrible. The red orchid roll (cucumber, tuna, cream cheese, crab stick, etc) was very good as was the beauty and the beast (half eel, half tuna). The crab Rangoon was delicious and very creamy if you're looking for an appetizer.

Reviewed 5 June 2015

Food and service are excellent. On our most recent visit, the waitress offered us a quiet booth near the window, away from the very active bar area. So far, I have enjoyed selections from the wide variety of sushi roles, but have been tempted by dishes ordered by my husband. On our next visit, I'll probably order the ginger shrimp.

3  Thank Barbara O
Reviewed 3 June 2015

Love Orchid Restaurant. If you want fresh, well done Asian food with a great staff Orchid will not disappoint. I have been over and over again. I will continue to go. The best part is that the food is consistently done right!!! The staff are always professional and the owners care deeply about the food they are serving and appreciate our business. I have also brought my children a bunch of times. Very kid friendly. I do enjoy the wine selection, however the beer selection is full of many choices. I am so very glad that Orchid has come close to my home.

3  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 18 May 2015

I just got back from a Mother's Day visit to Maine; while there my brother wanted to try out this new Thai restaurant in the higher end section of downtown Lewiston. I wasn't particularly in the mood for Thai but figured I could find something seafood there, but was pleasantly surprised to see that they had sushi and many choices of combination sushi rolls to choose from! So we both ended up eating what we wanted after all. We split a red dragon roll and he had the Pad Thai and I had the avocado salad which was sublime alongside their 3-tequila flight. They have a great specialty cocktail menu of which my brother had a couple and enjoyed both. Although a bit pricey for Lewiston, overall the food, drinks, and service were first rate!

Reviewed 11 May 2015

I have dined at Orchid several times and have never been disappointed. The food there is wonderful! Delicious sushi used to be hard to come by in this area, and Orchid is one of the places that has rectified that situation. All of the sushi I have tried there has been fresh and tasty. Besides sushi, they offer a wonderful assortment of other dishes, such as Pad Thai (which was great) and an avocado salad which I could seriously eat every day. I've also gotten lunch takeout from there which was just a good as the sit down dinner.

The only thing that kept it from 5 stars is that it is a little pricey compared to other sushi restaurants, and it can be hard to get in to at times (it is fairly small inside).

Don't hesitate to try it!

1  Thank RavenStar6